Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have Dengue!
quote:
Originally posted by Punatic007

They were in Dengue infested areas just prior to arriving here.

There were cases starting back in September. Check the timeline of cases with the risk map:
http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/wp-con...MAPdoh.jpg

Plus, based on the timeline of their trip and the dengue incubation period, it's unlikely they got it somewhere else. First of all, they were in Florida for some time before coming here. Second, they arrived on Oct. 13, and she got sick on the 21st. The incubation period is usually 4-7 days, so even if she was bitten at the airport of the place she left, it would be extremely unusual to not get sick for that long. On top of that, because she didn't get sick until a couple of days after leaving, she probably wouldn't have been able to transmit it.

So in sum - you may not like this kind of YouTube crap (and their videos are indeed atrocious), but they almost certainly got it in Hawaii, and the outbreak definitely didn't come from them.
Here is an Interesting article, May the force be with you wecelli.

https://cameronwebb.wordpress.com/tag/dengue/

Those dengue sisters look menacing. I want the entire star wars action figure set(Again)for my young boys this time.
quote:
Originally posted by wecelli

I live between 17th and railroad on Makuu. Never been this sick before. PLEASE please use mosquito repellent. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

DAY 7, feeling a bit better, but still sick. Tried the papaya leaf juice, didn't help me, maybe would help others. Muscle and joint pain worst part of it for me. Sleeping 10-11 hours a days. Hoping day 8 I will be feeling more myself. Thank you for all your kind thoughts. Please use mosquito repellent especially on your children. Dr. says they can get strep throat along w/ Dengue.
Hope you are still improving. Keep us updated.
quote:
Originally posted by wecelli

I live between 17th and railroad on Makuu. Never been this sick before. PLEASE please use mosquito repellent. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

wecelli, I live down the road from you, barking dogs and banana trees. Your next door neighbor told me on Monday that you were a dengue victim. I feel for you and yours. If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to let me know.

Mike in HPP
I'm glad to hear there's some improvement - here's hoping improvement continues.

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
wecelli, thanks for posting updates and info

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha