Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo tap water
Anyone notice the difference the past week or so?
Def not looking and tasting the same.
I assume the water Liko Lehua serves is tap water. Was there a couple of days ago and it tasted the same as it has in the past. I really like "county water" tho I know some people don't.
Me too i love to compare it to anything u can go buy. I think the past week is just an anomaly.. but for sure its off
County water definitely gets treated on schedule and you can taste the difference. It's been a while but I think it's once a month.
you guys are welcome to come down to Ka'u and fill up your water here Smile Whenever I go to the dump I always see people parking out by those big ol' spigots filling up huge bottles of water. its called something like Waipuna springs. Apparently, due to the low population density and high volume of ancient lava rock acting as an excellent filter, the water here in Ka'u is exceptionally clean. Now, this is just word of mouth, I don't have any scientific studies of the average PPM of our tap water, lol

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
Water quality reports can be found here:

https://www.hawaiidws.org/water-quality-reports/

The water is continuously treated.
It’s called Wai Puna here in Keaau. Think it’s just what the county calls all their public spigots.
BTW “wai puna” is “spring water” in Hawaiian....
Puna: Our roosters crow first

does that mean that Puna is the Water District?

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
Thanks obie.. its different the past couple weeks. Cloudy and off taste.
I'm living in Hilo and my water is fine and has been.