Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientists appear to be winning a battle against little fire ants in East Maui
it’s just the egotistical maniacs… on social media

Ho, ho, ho!!!
With Christmas Eve approaching, don’t forget to have milk and cookies on hand as a snack for Santa!  When I was a child he always took a few sips of milk and a bite or two of the cookies, never drank the whole glass, never ate all the cookies, because as my mother explained a lot of other children left something for him too, and Santa didn’t want to leave anyone disappointed or thinking he didn’t appreciate their gift for him.

In the end we didn’t mind too much, because we ate the cookies ourselves.  And thanks in part to our diligence we never had ants in the house.

Is there a moral to this story?  Yes? No?  Maybe?
I like the old commercial from the America Dairy Assn (who remembers this one?) with the little girl on Xmas morning, looking at the living room overflowing with lavish presents: bikes, ponies, fairytale castles, boats, etc. Her father says, "Those must have been some cookies you left for Santa!" and she beamingly says, "I didn't leave him cookies, I left him CHEESE!" :-D

...and to all a good night! ;-)
(12-23-2023, 11:17 PM)MyManao Wrote: Question for the OP...

I’m good with all scientists Tom, it’s just the egotistical maniacs that claim to be one on social media that I find a bit hard to swallow.

And a very merry Christmas to you too!

http://tinyurl.com/2p89sbp7

(A link to some scientific papers)

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin.