Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
protec systems
protec sounds like a great system and environmentaly progressive, not sure of how they do the pre-wiring and rough plumbing through the panels and how this flies through county inspections, i'm sure its easily approved by the county....i just want to understand the process.

the site mentions that costs are now comparable to regular wood construction, hopefully there are now many builders/contractors that know how to build the systems and labor costs reflect the faster build times....i wonder if this brings labor costs to 2x instead of 3x costs all-in costs to complete a home.

it would be good to check out any work in progress to see how fast this really goes up..

on another note, i wonder if there are issues with applying stucco as the facade and the multitudes of small earthquakes on the island...alot of smaller cracks on stucco can add up to alot of problems down the road.

noel

Oops, i meant to post this as a reply instead of a new topic so we can continue this as a thread.

does anyone know anybody who has had a home built with the protec system on the island, would be good to get some feedback from that person.

Noel

I'm hoping the resident expert chimes in....

There are several work in progress on the BI, including Pahoa and Hilo. These are permitted, hence county inspections. My fingers are crossed that my plans started the county process today. I will post my progress.
I don't know enough about stucco, but would seem to me that those types of cracks would also be structural, but I don't know.

Each panel has a pre formed chase for electric/plumbing. You can go to http://www.tclear.com/ and under ProTec Specifications, you can download 5 pdf files (Manuals) that cover more of the construction detail.

David

Ninole Resident
well, as the resident expert on ProTEC my best suggestion is that if anyone has any questions about ProTEC to call the Castleblock office (965-1555) and get the answers. There are a number of ProTEC homes going on right now, all proceeding successfully with minimum instruction (it's not too complicated).