Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Lots w/plans and permits
My friend has 3 lots, each with plans and permits available in HPP. They are located on 17th near Paradise, 20th near Kaloli, and 19th near Kaloli. Each is going for 80k, a bargain considering this is the price for lots without plans and permits.

You can reach him at 808 960 1314.

Noel
bargain is questionable considering lots were selling for 20,000 just a short time back. Alas times are changing and prices are being driven up. Price of the population moving in. Nice profit Im sure for your friend. Good luck!

frank battaglia
Aloha Noel, A question about the permits. Are there time frames on the permits. Do they expire. I do not know how this works. Number of bedrooms and baths? Do you know the square footage of the plans, or are they all the same plan. Curious. Good luck to your friend. Does he live in Puna?

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Hi,

Yes, lot prices have gone up. Actually, they have skyrocketed over the past year. Newer listings now start at 75k for decent locations. I mentioned that this is a bargain as he is including plans and permits. He has access to heavy equipment and can include land preparation at a reasonable cost.

Regarding the 'shelf life' of permits. You generally have 1 yr to initiate the construction of the home after the permit is provided. Once construction has started, there appears to not be a deadline per se but I would think that you'd want to get it done as quickly as possible given how material prices can fluctuate.

The 'shelf life' of one year appears to be a guideline. If a permit expires, you may still leverage it provided it has not been explicitly cancelled by the building department. We're currently building a rental home on a lot with a permit that was initially approved a few years back.

I'm not sure exactly what the floor plan is for the homes. He generally builds 3/2 or 4/2 homes and has a large variety of plans to work with. He (Larry) lives in Puna and has been building homes for the past 15 years. We're actually living in a home he built and are quite happy.

Please contact him if you are interested in the lots or visit his website if you're looking for someone to build your home. His site is http://peck-homes.com/index.html.

Mahalo,
Noel

Noel