Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relocating to Puna
aloha pam iam glade your back!i spoke with hazen last week he had asked if you could get some papaya's for the pigs,we would love to help out any way we can.when we surveyed my lot we ended up with a 60ft/900ft section of the lot that still has some producing trees,and ther ripe for the pickings.please fell free to drop me an e-mail and we can make it happen.aloha ika

Ika, sounds great. When are you coming over to see our progress? Hazen is doing a great job and I think having some fun too. It's really coming together. We could plan a BBQ after work or something here.... let me know.

Pam

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Say hey Pammy! Welcome back! Good to hear things are cooking along, simmer here, boil over there. Such is life eh? My burning question is did you get in touch with solarguy, message previous page, and what's up that tree currently.

Missed your updates and have put a prayer on the breeze that your home is up and running 2/06, weather permitting right Theo! Mella

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
aloha pam that sounds good but you dont have to out of your way to BBQ.just let us know whats good for you and we will come up aloha ika

In regards to Solarman and Mella.... the solar water heater is something that spoiled me decided to pass on. We had one in San Diego and we had a lot of plumbing problems with it. We have opted for a tankless, pilotless gas water heater for the big house. However, we will be experimenting with all kinds of alternative energy and technology in our cabin and other structures as they go up over the years. We already have a mostly finished and working well enough composting toilet system at the cabin. We hope to build half a dozen small cabins for friends and maybe other income over the next few years. That will be our time to experiment.

Smile It's wonderful to be back.

Ika, we BBQ up here all the time. My schedule is fairly free if I know in advance and am REMINDED a day or two before a planned visit. I do admit I get lost in the day to day stuff and can't remember what day it is, let alone what plans I may have made. Goes with getting old. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Let me know when you can visit.

Smile

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
We had monsoon like rains all during the night with thunder and lightening. It was a vibrant experience. I sleep under a corrugated metal roof and the sound was like nothing I have ever heard, but I loved it. Rains are on and off this morning and the wind is blowing noisily through the trees. So this is the real rain forest in winter. The smells are clean, the animals are noisy and excited in a good way with chickens chasing bugs and dogs romping in the mud puddles. I am curled up in my bed and plan on a nice lazy day. Makes me think of snow days in winter in Sitka. If you don't have someplace you Have to be, you hunker down with a cup of hot tea and a good book, maybe bake something to add to the warmth of the house and just relax.

Yesterday we went four wheeling in my Toyota truck across lava to get to a secluded beach to collect smooth stones. I am stiff and sore all over from the bouncing but it was a great experience. I feel like I stood in a place few people have ever actually been. It certainly wasn't on the tourist route!

It is my great joy to be back online and I hope to continue the saga. Things are just going really well. We are happily moving along on all projects now and can see that it will all take a lifetime to put together. the fun is in the journey not the destination. That's what life is all about, right?

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Yes a journey indeed. I have been frankly quite confused these last few years....kinda wondering who I am..raised 7 kids...now in my 50ies...and back and forth to Hawaii several times...my poor patient husband still is still by my side. We celebrated our 35th anniversary tonight, he picked me up after I spent several days caring for our new grandbaby and her mom...it seems when life is at its hardest to understand and get through, and if you go ahead and just go through it, then you receive all this wonderful growth...hope some of you know what I am babbling about...and we plan to be back on Island first week or two of december...Aloha!

What a perfect place for us to jump back in, Nancy, Happy Aniversary! Blessed art thou among women, that you would raise seven new lives along your journey. Its not surprising that one would be abit confused of their identity. Trust me there is nothing poor about your husband who has probably like most of us enjoyed every moment of being patient. I'm also sure he gloats over all his Riches'. After 35 years, by your side he'll stay.....

Your brief paragraph speaks volumes of how the circle of life goes. you will inspire some of us tonite, to celebrate the miracles of our lives. Thankyou .....

Celebrate, Celebrate, dance to the music......get down tonight....AYUH!

Dave & Peggy-Ann

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

Yessah Pslamont wicked good havin you back online. Me and Motha we shur get a kick out of them stories, specially like the one when you saved that couch cushion from fallin in tha mud there, ayuh. Now that was sum funny, I thought mutha pritnear fall out of her chair from laughin so hard ayuh. Well anyway keep the stories a comin and by the way,

Thanks, Dave & Peggy-Ann

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

aloha nancy,hubby and congrats on your 35th.my grand parents in n.y made it 73years with alot of love and work,our hats off to ya. aloha pam hazen gave me your # we might be up your way tomorrow with some slop for the piggies