Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP mailbox vote
Federal court.

Isn't that how we ended up with these wonderful "Community Development Plans" that can be ignored by County at their whim?

My understanding is that the developers permits were issued immediately before statehood so as to avoid federal regulation and jurisdiction.
If this proves to be fact, then nothing can be done?

Did anybody see the news coverage last night out of Oahu about Owners Associations ? A case is being made against a HOA who's Executives stole 100,000$ from Association. They mentioned some legislation is pending concerning Owners Associations. I'd sure like to see some light cast on our situation. Maybe we need to March with signs and get some media attention..?
Ok, I found it on KHON News website. " lawmakers aim to hold HA's accountable for stolen $". They "hold too much power". People " have real problems and their only option is to pay thousands of $ in Attorney fees" , and "are asking Legislature for help".
Something to think about...?
Did anybody see the news coverage last night out of Oahu about Owners Associations ?

Here's a link:

http://khon2.com/2017/01/30/lawmakers-ai...len-money/

Mahalo Mermaid!
lawmakers aim to hold HA's accountable for stolen $

What does that even mean? HOAs will now have to break more laws when stealing the money? Like they care?
According to a post on the HPP Next Door FB page, there will be a powerpoint presentation at next membership meeting. The guy who is presenting is asking no one to vote until they see it. There is talk about streaming the presentation online for people who can't attend to watch.

Edited for bad sentence.
We're still waiting on the Chipseal Presentation the Membership asked for , BEFORE they started chip sealing, at the last Membership Meeting.