Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roundup (cancer causing substance) cases underway
quote:
Originally posted by jahson777

Cannabis/hemp make medicine, food, fiber/clothing. Cannabis seeds are one of the best plant based protein sources in nature. I don't see how someone who would like Roundup banned and cannabis growing legal have double standards.

Sounds like perfect animal feed.Get some weight on those cows!!
quote:
Originally posted by MarkP

https://www.biofortified.org/2014/03/rou...ally-says/

"Basically, the paper says that when you get into an ag area you can find ag chemicals, if you have sophisticated equipment and plenty of know-how. The authors discuss that they sample two different sites with different crops growing, so that could affect data and account for some of the weirdness and spikes observed.. It does not change the take-home message that agricultural chemicals volatilize and persist in the environment, so it is best to minimize their use, use chemicals with less environmental impact, and choose seeds that require less chemical.

That is exactly what GM crops do, and exactly what the data shows.

Some additional points to note:

1. The use of “Monsanto’s Roundup” in the website titles above. Glyphosate was detected. The test did not find “Roundup” and the authors do not say “Roundup” once in the manuscript cited. Do you see a political agenda showing?

2. The headlines above come from sources where the authors did not read the paper– it was not available, just the abstract.

3. The same information outlets neglected to mention that glyphosate increases offset the use of other herbicides with more impact, that insecticide use was down, and that the levels were nanograms per cubic meter.

These are all important to note because is reveals how misinformed, ignorant and willing to deceive the anti-GMO media really is. They are not out for science or truth, it is about an agenda."

Someone here was saying that roundup was in the rain. The above article address that hysteria. Seems once again that the internet is a vehicle to spread misinformation when the essence of a statement is twisted almost beyond recognition.

All this harping about "Do it for the children". I am not closing my mind to the possibility that chemicals used today could have downsides but neither am I exaggerating the downsides or forgetting the incredible upsides. The availability of food today, particularly without having to engage in backbreaking labor in agricultural fields is like some wild dream compared to only a couple of generations ago. Also overall health is pretty darn good too. I don't think that your kids would thank you for condemning them to be agricultural laborers. Ask any Chinese person who lived through the Cultural Revolution.

None of that is the point though. The present body of evidence is not sufficient to support this verdict. Monsanto getting convicted without evidence is like any other unpopular bogeyman getting convicted without evidence. It is tempting to just feel good cause you got the bad guy but the convicted without evidence part ought to scare the crap out of you, the cure being worse than the disease.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding - Winner, Winner, Winner. From DDT to GMO to "climate change on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

The "reason" stated for infringing on your lifestyle (read "freedom") are always LIES and merely PRETENSE!!!! Wake up, Sheeple.

And NO, you can't watch the lava, it's dangerous!!!!!!!! If you try to see it, we'll arrest you, cite you and maybe toe-tag you.

Like a pot with a frog in it, you are being cooked degree by degree until, one day, you wake up and ask, "Where have all the our Flowers Freedoms gone?".

Aloha!
Ingredient from Monsanto’s cancer causing weed killer. Yes, read that headline again. Will Monsanto sue for websites posting this?

https://www.fastcompany.com/90219199/ing...ns-cereals

From a year ago,

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/carey-gil...50444.html

Yeah, roundup isn’t bad for us, lol. It’s all coming full circle.
quote:
Originally posted by islandlvng

Ingredient from Monsanto’s cancer causing weed killer. Yes, read that headline again. Will Monsanto sue for websites posting this?

https://www.fastcompany.com/90219199/ing...ns-cereals

From a year ago,

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/carey-gil...50444.html

Yeah, roundup isn’t bad for us, lol. It’s all coming full circle.

No, it is a herbicide and kills more than just weeds.
5) I was curious about those who want glysophate banned but want pot growing legalized because marijuana is known to create health issues and wanted to explore why some people might have double standards.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cannabis/hemp make medicine, food, fiber/clothing. Cannabis seeds are one of the best plant based protein sources in nature. I don't see how someone who would like Roundup banned and cannabis growing legal have double standards.

Thanks Jahson777 maybe people will learn something. Maybe even scientists?

Even better - stop using potentially harmful chemicals in food crop production. Label space problem solved. Tada !

And seriously, ya'll need to stop whining on about "infringin' mah rights". Do you or your kids fish or swim in streams, rivers or lakes ? Maybe you collect and use rainwater. Say hello to glyphosate ~ amen Jeremy

Even with a scannable label there still isn't enough room to list every possible piece of information ~ Bwahahahahahbull$hithahah.

PaulW - I'm getting confused.
~ There there. Brain space capacity, I understand.

Edited to take care of censorship.

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Even with a scannable label there still isn't enough room to list every possible piece of information that uninformed people could possibly demand from a food manufacturer - and of course they would have to maintain it all too. A better idea is to only list information that is useful based on evidence, not Facebook hysteria.

Why not label food based off of facts? If the food is gmo label it. If there are chemicals then label it. No need label what hand was used to package it with, just simply an honest list of ingredients. Whatever genes were added to the food before growing I would consider an added ingredient. If the corn is non GMO then just call it corn, if it's GMO then at least call it GMO corn if it's needed to spare label space. Or if there is room why not print GMO corn with bacteria genes. If chemicals from herbicide or pesticide are present then label it. The real issue is the food companies are scared they will lose sales if they label GMO or the chemicals present. Truth is they probably won't lose sales because people will probably buy the same ol stuff regardless being creatures of habit.
For those of you with lots of questions, and I am one of those, here are some tidbits about Monsanto. Who is now Monsanto/Bayer when recently Bayer bought them out. These guys are the ones who made zillions of $ on Roundup. And the ones who just LOST a 180 million dollar suit where the jury agreed that ROUNDUP causes CANCER!!

Like right out of a James Bond movie as the classic Dr. Evil bad-guy cooperation. They were said to make a deal with the Blackwater cooperation and have their own private militia and military helicopter fleet. -Of course they are denying that now. Why would a benign seed company with interests in providing nutrition for the starving, feeding the world and providing us with "better" seeds, need their own private military?

They have/ had so much money that a cover-up was easy. They have all their own lawyers and bevvy of scientists under their payroll so they could basically do just about whatever they wanted.

Was their mission to help the people or make a $hit-ton of money?

Here: Read some about beloved Monsanto:
https://www.gaia.com/lp/content/monsanto...onnection/

OMG they are such greaseballs. Just read it again....

"when a toxin used as an insecticide is found in the blood stream of pregnant mothers and their babies, there’s cause for concern."
- from the link.

edited for grammar
quote:
The "reason" stated for infringing on your lifestyle (read "freedom") are always LIES and merely PRETENSE!!!! Wake up, Sheeple.

Welcome back Open-D. It seems your time away has not improved your argumentation skills.

You want to talk about infringments on lifestyle (freedom) ? What about your freedom to breathe clean air, drink clean water, swim or fish in clean lakes and streams ? That freedom has already been taken away by big AG and its use of glyphosate (among others). They didn't ask you, yet you are being exposed to the chemicals they use. Where's the outrage now ?
What about your freedom to breathe clean air, drink clean water

Climate change is destroying the environment faster than chemicals, maybe start there?

I agree with kalakoa. I am much more concerned about the increased frequency and severity of hurricanes in our vicinity than I am about glyphosate. One court victory in front of a San Francisco judge and jury is not a convincing legal or scientific mandate for banning it.