Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP BIZ: Part the third
One more mermaid
How is it that lawsuit the general manager has with the director not a personal lawsuit? What I recall reading it was?
Not following the bylaws could cause HPPOA to lose its non-profit status.

Petition County for a LID that covers road maintenance and tree trimming. That way, the HPPOA can concern itself with important matters such as "what color to paint the longhouse".
questions asked and answered.....

"
"If the general manager was to be obsolete who would run the Hpp business?"

my answer......professional property management firm capable of following our by-laws

"would you fire all staff?"
my answer.... resolved by a professional property management firm capable of following our by-laws.

"Who in your opinion is an appropriate replacement? "

my answer....to be resolved by a professional property management firm capable of following our by-laws.

Currently, and for how much longer Larry, Craig ????
..... No Association meetings, no Board meetings.....no sunshine on our Association business provided to the owners .......no , this doesn't fly with me.

"cancelled due to "judicial ruling". ???? I've tried to keep up with this but must admit I haven't found any evidence that HPPOA meetings have been cancelled by any "judicial ruling".......

Anyone's specific information on this claim would be greatly appreciated.
Still awaiting the official director mermaid’s transparency response to a few of the many questions the “many” want answers to.
Mermaid since you seem to be the only official director on punatalk then I assume with your want to be transparent you will answer the questions the”many” are concerned with

Looks like all your questions are part of a big fishing expedition by a former director whose MO is deflection.

Why did the general manager initiate a lawsuit against a director?

You know the answer to your own question as you are very friendly with the GM and as a director on the former majority board was in the loop.

I always wondered who gave information to the Tribune that the GM filed a lawsuit days before the defendant was served. "Someone" provided the Tribune with excerpts from private HPP exec session meeting minutes and HPP private directors' email conversations. A serious breach of confidentiality. Only a small group would've had access to the meeting minutes and the directors' email conversations. The GM? A rep from the majority board? An office staff? A spouse of a director? Obie posted the article here on HPP Biz. Whomever it was seriously lacks integrity and ethics. The article was also printed in West Hawaii.

Could this have been prevented by the former board? Did the former board address it?

Why don't you tell us as a former majority board rep in the loop?

Was there other unprofessional behavior by this director or yourself?

There was none whatsover, we followed HPP bylaws and state law. We have incontrovertible evidence. Did you and the majority board ever conduct yourselves unprofessionally, unethically, or break HPP bylaws and state law? Were there double standards for the majority board?

If the general manager was to be obsolete who would run the Hpp business? Would you fire all staff? Who in your opinion is an appropriate replacement?

I think Reni responded with some very good options that many members supported and voted for at the Feb 2018 Membership Meeting. Unfortunately two majority boards, 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 didn't support it so they obstructed the ACTS of the Association, which is a bylaw and state law violation.

Do you support Leo’ s decision to not pay dues and open an escrow account?

Stillwater will have you believe that if you don't pay your dues a lien will be put on your property. If you refer to your road fee bills you will see the following: "Lots with 2 years or more in delinquent road fees will be liened and charged $200.00."

The decision is up to each lot owner. I respect whatever decision they make in a very difficult and unprecedented situation. After all, for several months now, three people have illegally taken control of the Association's business and money, and one of the three is an employee.

How is it FACT that the current general manager is involved in 2 lawsuits?

I already responded, please go reread my earlier post.

How is it that lawsuit the general manager has with the director not a personal lawsuit? What I recall reading it was?

Where did you read that? I'd really like to know....DRAFT meeting minutes not yet posted and only provided to directors last term? I recall you and the majority board arguing that it was personal. Think about it "Stillwater", the majority board made it board business, so it became board business, not personal.

Not following the bylaws could cause HPPOA to lose its non-profit status.

That's absolutely correct 8Fingers. Once it's lost I heard it may be impossible for the Corporation to get it back.

Mermaid once again only sputtering with no transparency but hiding behind others views... transparency -a lack of hidden agendas or conditions accompanied by full information required for collaboration, cooperation, and collective decision making..... your words serve no purpose for this ... you answer with questions and wag the dog .

I sincerely would still like clarification from your perspective, Stillwater, as to how it is a "judicial" decision to not allow Board or Association meetings.
As I stated before, I am attempting to keep up with this on a legal aspect . I have found no ruling .

you post above.....

"Mermaid once again only sputtering with no transparency but hiding behind others views".

This is not my perspective. Mermaid is our district rep. She called an Annual Assoc. meeting when the Assoc. Pres. would not.
She attempted to fill vacancies thru a Board meeting, following our bylaws, (consulting an attorney) when we all thought Craig had resigned. Thru my lens, I see her hiding behind NO ONE.

Please provide the "Judical decision" that prevents Assoc. members from sunshine and transparency .
I have to clarification of your question of judicial judgment Reni, however I feel the position the BOD is in it is the correct assessment for the situation. Article IX section 2 the president - call and preside meetings of the board
Yes your district rep and another director did call a meeting and appointed their choice of replacement directors with a meeting recorded by a secretary that is not in contract with HPP and was not approved by the board and when a property owner asked for her to be introduced the said directors refused transparency this is troubling on its own there was no officer ie secretary that was a legitimate official volunteer or contracted for an official swearing in process in my opinion
This meeting then closed and proceeded into executive session the question is was the golden rule of the bylaws broken with the sharing of executive business? Maybe
Most alarming is you state the district rep had consulted with an attorney - who’s attorney? A director is never allowed to act on their own neither consulting an HPP attorney or otherwise without board consent please enlighten when this permission was given for 1 director to contact an attorney. Through my Lens I do not see transparency in this at all . Yes I feel the membership should have their quarterly meetings but I also feel they should have all the truth, transparency, and information imperative for sound decision making for the community at this point I don’t feel they are getting this. I am willing to share all the Sunshine and transparency without sputtering this is my perspective you requested Reni hope your day is spectacular!
Hey Stillwater, thanks for answering me...although I do not yet understand your explanation provided. you write
"I have to clarification of your question of judicial judgment Reni, however I feel the position the BOD is in it is the correct assessment for the situation. Article IX section 2 the president - call and preside meetings of the board".
My question is why no BOD meetings? Our web site suggests it is because of some "Judicial" reason. I can not find nor do I understand the "Judicial" reason for not having Board meetings.......Can you clarify this particular point...... or can some else...............to save some time here, I have served on several Boards in my life, Non profit, Quasi Judicial, Assoc. etc,.....thanks
Hi Reni, my mistake supposed to read I have no clarification
Why no board meetings? I’m not going to pretend I know the answer to all the questions because I truly don’t .. I am only sharing what I am sure of . I would have to think there are no BOD meetings due to the animosity within the board ( which by the way in my opinion is personal which personal emotion should not be a factor as a board director each director should be keeping the entire community ‘s interest as priority. My point of the bylaws and one of the President’s duties is that during the time frame of the new board of 2018 -2019 the President did not allow a board meeting to take place that 2 directors called this prior President is one of the current directors ( not an officer) all in all Reni my perspective is that the current situation that exists with the BOD can not be rectified in house and I feel the Court does need to step in . Aloha and hope your evening is wonderful