Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP BIZ: Part the third
The auditor arranged two separate pre-audit meetings in Nov 2019 and two separate post audit meetings this past week on the 11th and 12th. Stillwater told you about the second meeting but didn't invite you to the meeting held the day before which she knew about. It wasn't advertised nor open to the public so how would she have known about the meeting?

Financial Audit:
"A financial audit is an independent, objective evaluation of an organization's financial reports and financial reporting processes. The primary purpose for financial audits is to give regulators, investors, directors, and managers reasonable assurance that financial statements are accurate and complete."

The auditor works only with the numbers the GM and bookkeeper provides for the past fiscal year. What's transpired over the past 8 months in the current hostile takeover situation wasn't covered in the audit. Auditors don't look for fraud, it's not what they do. Any questions or concerns needs to be conveyed to the auditor at the pre audit meeting before the audit is conducted. The auditor made some important recommendations for the next fiscal year.

The auditor told us about the move forward with the AT&T tower which was a surprise.... apparently those holding HPP in a hostile takeover (D1 rep, the GM and Crelly) have decided to act illegally and move ahead WITHOUT BOARD APPROVAL. I have all the draft meeting minutes and have scrutinized them. This is a rogue action that may have serious repercussions. Who is or has signed the contract WITHOUT board approval to move forward?
So much wrongdoing, so little accountability... must be a Hawaii thing.
So much wrongdoing, so little accountability.

[Sad]

No mermaid you are once again assuming I have some inside information! I had no idea of the 2 meetings I happened to call the corporate office and requested the information of when it would be finalized and was told it was told the last meeting was that morning .
As a part of the membership I am not requesting the definition of what an audit is from you I’m requesting if it had any inconsistencies as I was at last years meeting and the auditor did state they do a thorough audit and would be able to find theft /inconsistency in the books. Therefore what was the auditors results do we have inconsistencies? Funds missing? Anything negative on the business in the report? Did he have anything to say regarding the current lawsuits? If so I agree severe repercussions! So let’s get to it how was the annual audit?
"The auditor told us about the move forward with the AT&T tower which was a surprise.... apparently those holding HPP in a hostile takeover (D1 rep, the GM and Crelly) have decided to act illegally and move ahead WITHOUT BOARD APPROVAL."

(D1 rep, the GM and Crelly)

These people are the legally elected President, Secretary and the GM .The board turned the operation of the affair's of HPPOA over to the GM years ago.

Read the bylaws !!!

They have all of the authority to do what they are doing !

As directors, you and Leslie have no power.

Please resign and save us all a lot of money !
Mermaid your statement regarding illegal actions and not having known about the AT&T
Tower is bewildering minutes on the website reflect you were present along with the second director you speak of or for and you both voted for it I do believe!! January of 2019 minutes on the website. A majority vote you actually were in support of.. you changing your mind a year later?
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

"The auditor told us about the move forward with the AT&T tower which was a surprise.... apparently those holding HPP in a hostile takeover (D1 rep, the GM and Crelly) have decided to act illegally and move ahead WITHOUT BOARD APPROVAL."

(D1 rep, the GM and Crelly)

These people are the legally elected President, Secretary and the GM .The board turned the operation of the affair's of HPPOA over to the GM years ago.

Read the bylaws !!!

They have all of the authority to do what they are doing !

As directors, you and Leslie have no power.

Please resign and save us all a lot of money !

You claim you just bought in HPP last year so you're a new lot owner. Please start reading HPP's bylaws instead of spreading misinformation and disinformation. The board has ultimate authority, not the GM. The GM is subordinate to ALL directors, which includes D7 and I. Read your bylaws, learn them, know them.

The director who's suing the Association and has taken HPP by hostage should resign instead of dragging HPP through this legal mess. HE would save HPP a lot of money. Obie, read the bylaws, specifically Article VIII Sec 8. The bylaws state any director is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN to act alone without board authority.

Again, you claimed you're a brand new lot owner so apparently you are out of the loop that there are only 3 legitimate directors per the court, bylaws and state law. The court didn't validate any other directors than the 3 remaining after the mass resignations on 19 Jun 2019.

Stillwater, go read all your draft minutes instead of spreading disinformation. The board didn't approve to move ahead with the AT&T project, they voted to NEGOTIATE, period. The GM was supposed to NEGOTIATE FIRST, bring back the info to THE BOARD. Nothing happened after that. NO board vote to move forward.
Mermaid all your emotionally initiated opinions are obviously clouding your constituents concerns. I am referencing the HPPOA official website this is all I have that is factual please stop avoiding the question at hand - What was the results of the independent auditors report? They do evaluate all funds receipts income and expenditures was there negative response in the report ? Did they report any deficiencies with the business funds and staff? Are our community dues being utilized for road maintenance business? What if anything is inconsistent with attaining a healthy financial report for HPPOA you seem to be evading this question ... again I ask for a clear deliberate response to only this query no opinions on your personal behalf only the professional audit companies report on our finances.
Btw mermaid I find it offensive for a Board director - YOU -to feel a member would have to own property for a certain duration of time obviously more than what you believe Obie has invested to have an opinion how dare any director perceive any member this way!!
Mermaid also please reference the court’s decision that you have ruled for the court that there are only 3 legal directors without proof. The court records indicate this to be something you’re pulling out of your personal wishing well and false information not becoming of a board director!!