Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP BIZ: Part the third
Aloha Tom,

I totally understand and still welcome an opportunity to meet you on different terms.

Since I am your current district rep and if you have any other HPP concerns or questions outside of the lawsuit, feel free to contact me in case I can be of service. That goes for anyone who owns property in District 5.

An FYI....any interested property owners can attend board meetings. It's one way for interested members to learn what business is going on in HPP. There's also an opportunity for property owners to speak during "owner input" to ask questions, voice their concerns or make suggestions. I think it's a better avenue to communicate this way to the board. Then the whole board hears what you have to say, it then becomes a board concern, and it gets recorded in the board meeting minutes.

- - - - - - -

Since board and membership meetings are being cancelled and the new appointed board is not being acknowledged at this time, unfortunately as a side effect of this, there are 6 districts that are unrepresented. Please feel free to contact me at district5@hppoa.net, if you have any concerns or questions.

If you live in District 1 or 7 you can also email your district reps. district1@hppoa.net and district7@hppoa.net

The following districts are currently unrepresented: District 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9.

Mahalo~
Next question for you. You mentioned that the COI Policy expires and must be renewed each year. Are you saying that from 2011-2016 and from 2017-present, HPPOA didn’t/doesn’t have a COI Policy in place? I just want to make sure I understand.

Obie, still waiting for an answer. Thank you.

KP
KP
“When your hate is louder than your love, your words have no meaning!”
Read the meeting minutes and figure it out for yourself.
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

Read the meeting minutes and figure it out for yourself.

The minutes won’t tell me whether we had/have a COI Policy. That’s why I wanted clarification. I thought is was a fairly simple question.

KP
KP
Ask Mayelin, she's your district rep.
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

Ask Mayelin, she's your district rep.

I was asking you to clarify your statement. No biggie. We both know the answer, don’t we? [Smile]

KP
“Just follow the rules”
KP
When I saw that the Membership meeting had been cancelled again I just shuddered. I couldn't even read this for quite a long while then when I returned it is just so much incredible misinformation and nonsense. KPHawaii, as a newbie you will have no way of making heads or tails of what is the truth. You need to be able to read and understand the bylaws, not what is someone interpretation. Stillwater is rarely accurate and then so much is just based on biased emotions. Many say to just move forward which is nonsense as well. We have a GM and 1 not legally sworn in board member running the show. We voted overwhelmingly for a forensic accounting and then those few really put the screws in because they don't want us to see what is going on, or how much money is unaccounted for. Those who argue against it saying we have an annual audit are truly idiots or know what is going on. There is zero comparison and the price that it will cost is nothing as to what these individuals keep stating. It all depends on many variables. All multi million dollar businesses have forensic accounting's. Any rational person can figure out why the GM has thwarted this constantly. There is so much history w/ HPP that you need to have a sound knowledge of it or one can not make correct decisions. I know that district 5 and 7 have not been able to do anything and have been stopped at every turn, have been kept out of decisions. Decisions that the GM can not legally make nor can 1 board member. Things have gotten worse and worse and the key here is that it is abundantly obvious that the few that started this all several years ago knew that there was/is really no legal recourse for us members. No governmental agency is interested. Attorneys don't want to hear or help, just take our money with no results. So here we are, 5 years later and we know nothing. have wasted a fortune and there are still people out there lying about the facts. Tread carefully. I and many of my family members have lived in HPP on and off for decades and things have been bad but never like this. Nonprofessional volunteers can never manage a place like HPP nor should they.
I have an idea for a solution. To have as many people as possible post on every social media platform to not buy property in HPP until the board is back in compliance with the bylaws and an audit has been done.
The real estate brokers ( the real power here) would force it to happen
quote:
Originally posted by Katarina

When I saw that the Membership meeting had been cancelled again I just shuddered. I couldn't even read this for quite a long while then when I returned it is just so much incredible misinformation and nonsense. KPHawaii, as a newbie you will have no way of making heads or tails of what is the truth. You need to be able to read and understand the bylaws, not what is someone interpretation. Stillwater is rarely accurate and then so much is just based on biased emotions. Many say to just move forward which is nonsense as well. We have a GM and 1 not legally sworn in board member running the show. We voted overwhelmingly for a forensic accounting and then those few really put the screws in because they don't want us to see what is going on, or how much money is unaccounted for. Those who argue against it saying we have an annual audit are truly idiots or know what is going on. There is zero comparison and the price that it will cost is nothing as to what these individuals keep stating. It all depends on many variables. All multi million dollar businesses have forensic accounting's. Any rational person can figure out why the GM has thwarted this constantly. There is so much history w/ HPP that you need to have a sound knowledge of it or one can not make correct decisions. I know that district 5 and 7 have not been able to do anything and have been stopped at every turn, have been kept out of decisions. Decisions that the GM can not legally make nor can 1 board member. Things have gotten worse and worse and the key here is that it is abundantly obvious that the few that started this all several years ago knew that there was/is really no legal recourse for us members. No governmental agency is interested. Attorneys don't want to hear or help, just take our money with no results. So here we are, 5 years later and we know nothing. have wasted a fortune and there are still people out there lying about the facts. Tread carefully. I and many of my family members have lived in HPP on and off for decades and things have been bad but never like this. Nonprofessional volunteers can never manage a place like HPP nor should they.

Aloha Katarina. I couldn’t have said it any better. I pretty much agree with everything you’ve said. Just to clarify, I’ve been in East hawaii for 22 years but am only 2 years in HPP. I’ve made it my business to try to get the real facts but have to admit, the only ones I’ve been able to talk to are the 2 directors who have been locked out. I’m very involved and knowledgeable of the past year +. I’ve read the ByLaws many many times and they’re part of the problem. Seems everyone reads them and understands them differently. Interpretation is what has truly gotten in the way and made friends into enemies to the detriment of the association and its members.

I haven’t made up my mind completely about a forensic audit. What I do feel is we need to move forward and then if it works, go back in time. I agree the yearly audit isn’t anywhere close to a forensic audit and if one is necessary, then we should do it after we move forward.

And, I may be naive and a Pollyanna, but I think the right group of people can run the association, although I’m not opposed to a professional management company at all.

We all need to remember that the GM, Larry Kawaauhau, and Craig Crelly are acting on their own behalf and are not allowed to serve the association while being involved on the side of the plaintiff suing the association, as stated in the ByLaws and the Conflict of Interest Policy. They will be responsible for all they have done since the beginning of the lawsuit.

Thank you again for piping in and substantiating what I also believe.

KP
“Just follow the rules”
KP
"I may be naive and a Pollyanna"

This is the only thing you have posted that I agree with.