Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
It's not about judgment or forgiveness. It's about stupidity and the inclination to believe conspiracy theories rather than facts.
Certainty will be the death of us.
(09-06-2021, 12:59 AM)kalianna Wrote: It's not about judgment or forgiveness.  It's about stupidity and the inclination to believe conspiracy theories rather than facts.

Mahalo kalianna.  That makes perfect sense.
(09-06-2021, 12:59 AM)kalianna Wrote: It's not about judgment or forgiveness.  It's about stupidity and the inclination to believe conspiracy theories rather than facts.

Sorry, kalianna, but sometimes you have to accept you're talking to a brick wall. Unfortunately, new variants will likely occur because so many people remain unvaccinated. They become infected and that's where the virus mutates into new variants and by giving the virus that chance, we'll end up in a never-ending cycle. Hopefully, the virus will eventually become nothing more serious than the common cold, but we're nowhere near that stage yet. If you haven't watched it before, I do recommend watching the movie "Idiocracy" just as some light relief but also our possible future.
I saw Idiocracy when it was first released. The difference between that and now is anger. That makes it not so funny any more.
Certainty will be the death of us.
(09-06-2021, 12:37 AM)Kimo1967 Wrote: Then clearly the previously infected can be forgiven for being vaccine hesitant.

Sorry, Kimo, but your comment addresses nothing and ignores the fact that many who were infected wished they had been vaccinated. What point are you trying to make? You've gone into a mode of answering posts with semi-cryptic one-liners which suggests to me you don't have answers.
(09-06-2021, 10:09 AM)TomK Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 12:37 AM)Kimo1967 Wrote: Then clearly the previously infected can be forgiven for being vaccine hesitant.

Sorry, Kimo, but your comment addresses nothing and ignores the fact that many who were infected wished they had been vaccinated. What point are you trying to make? You've gone into a mode of answering posts with semi-cryptic one-liners which suggests to me you don't have answers.

That's correct.  I have no answers.  Just here to learn.  Thank you.
new variants will likely occur

So far we have Delta+, Lambda, and Mu, and those are just the ones prevalent enough to be named.

Worse: anti-vaxx protests are blocking access to vaxx sites. "Everyone is entitled to my choices."
(09-06-2021, 04:47 PM)Kimo1967 Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 10:09 AM)TomK Wrote:

That's correct.  I have no answers.  Just here to learn.  Thank you.

No learning allowed - Expert answers only.
The Marching Morons
________________________________________________________________________________
Quote kalianna
"I saw Idiocracy when it was first released. The difference between that and now is anger. That makes it not so funny any more. "
________________________________________________________________________________
Don't remember that one, but the last several years keep bringing this one back to mind for me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marching_Morons
AudioBook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIROeVbnok0
E-Book
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/51233

I thought this had been made into a movie, can't find where it had been done.

I was fairly young when this was published, maybe about 8 or 9.
It left a strong impression on me when I read it.
I've never forgotten it.
For me, the short story typifies what has been going on since Trumpet came into the spotlight and continues on with Covid.
My only worry now is wondering where the morons are going to try to take us next.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
Since you guys are "here to learn", maybe this will help. Just found out a friend's entire family came down with Covid. None of them "believed in vaccines", and now multiple households are infected. Most mild, some bad, and one middle aged person in the ICU so far. All happened within a few days. Maybe the numbers seem abstract right now, but I assure you it is not abstract when your mother or father are intubated.