Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
Like the seasonal flu.
(09-16-2021, 11:19 PM)kalakoa Wrote: The entire "argument" would be simplified if we just admit that the battle is lost and COVID is endemic, something to be mitigated, not controlled.
It becomes endemic when the virus primarily spreads seasonally and isn't making a large impact on populations.  This is certainly not the current situation with Covid anywhere in the U.S, so afraid to say we're still in a pandemic.   When endemicity finally arrives we may still have the misfortune of having flu and this coronavirus responsible for much illness seasonally.  This would have far reaching implications, naturally.  I really hope not, but it's sure looking that way right now.
We'll have the Flu and the Wuhan Flu like we're Flu collectors. Next we'll pick up the Athens Flu!
Hilo Medical Center is overloaded:

Hilo Medical Center continues to operate beyond capacity due to the surge in COVID-19 cases, especially in the Intensive Care Unit, hospital officials reported Wednesday, Sept. 15.

Currently, HMC has 35 COVID patients, 28 unvaccinated and seven who were vaccinated. Six in the ICU are on ventilators. Twenty-eight are in the COVID unit and one is in the OB unit.

https://bigislandnow.com/2021/09/16/35-p...-covid-19/
Great. So if I get Covid, some A**hole Millennial, who is too stupid to get vaccinated will get priority over me because they are younger...

Full story here:

https://www.civilbeat.org/?p=1458967&utm_source=Civil+Beat+Master+List&utm_campaign=d149ad9606-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2021_09_15_07_08&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_51c2dd3cf3-d149ad9606-402027462&mc_cid=d149ad9606&mc_eid=bb753109d3

A quote from the article:

"Hawaii stood by its decision to use age as a tiebreaker if needed in treatment decisions, according to the latest version of its plan for allocating resources if the pandemic overwhelms the state’s health care system, despite criticism that the plan may discriminate against older patients.”
despite criticism that the plan may discriminate against older patients.”

... older patients who may have used their intelligence and ability to research what is true & correct will be placed in line behind younger people who may not have those capacities and will live longer and pass on their genes to future generations.

Survival Decline of the Species, by Chuck Dar-lost
Chapter 1 - Why Wait For A Giant Asteroid Strike?
In Hawaii, 47% of people aged 80 or older who caught Covid were hospitalized or died. That percentage shrinks to 32% of people aged 70 to 79; 19% of people aged 60 to 69; 12% of people aged 50 to 59; and continues to fall for younger people.
(09-17-2021, 02:17 AM)Chas Wrote: Great. So if I get Covid, some A**hole Millennial, who is too stupid to get vaccinated will get priority over me because they are younger...

Full story here:

https://www.civilbeat.org/?p=1458967&utm_source=Civil+Beat+Master+List&utm_campaign=d149ad9606-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2021_09_15_07_08&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_51c2dd3cf3-d149ad9606-402027462&mc_cid=d149ad9606&mc_eid=bb753109d3

A quote from the article:

"Hawaii stood by its decision to use age as a tiebreaker if needed in treatment decisions, according to the latest version of its plan for allocating resources if the pandemic overwhelms the state’s health care system, despite criticism that the plan may discriminate against older patients.”

I bet Harry Kim would still get in no problem.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
(09-16-2021, 03:52 PM)AaronM Wrote: Tom doesn't believe everyone about everything.  Duly noted.

What does that even mean? It's drivel.
HOTPE: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I guess the movie "Idiocracy" will be considered more like a documentary or a "based on true events" type in the future.

Or maybe it's the way to fix the Social Security problem? (Conspiracy nuts note, this is SARCASM)

Wink