Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
His friend can't get surgery because of the the lack of empathy of those choosing not to take the vaccine or socially distance and winding up in the hospital. Their actions are selfish and deprive others.
As previously discussed but thanks for recapping for those just skimming through.
(09-26-2021, 03:51 AM)Punaperson Wrote: To oink:  Please ask your church members why they went to the hospital when they got sick instead of going back to the church.

I thought I made it clear that it wasn't a church thing. It's just a population group I'm familiar with. I haven't actually heard anything at church advocating one way or the other. I know a whole bunch of pews (chairs actually) were removed to allow 6+' spacing. I don't really understand the extent of anti vax sentiment or if it's even higher than the general population. I think I'll pass on confronting people about why they went to the hospital when needed.
(09-26-2021, 03:51 AM)Punaperson Wrote: And your elderly friends that went to the center for the multi-infusion treatment: a $20 vaccine for prevention, vs a $2100 treatment that needs specialized medical personnel to administer - all on our taxpayer dime
I have no idea what the vaccine cost or the infusion either. A lot less than ICU would have I'm sure. These people have been paying taxes for at least 65 years so I won't begrudge them the cost. We spend a lot more on people who've never been contributing members of society. I doubt they've ever taken advantage of the welfare state prior to that, well I expect they're on Medicare so there's that. I am very glad they pulled through like they did. We were at a study with them and 4 other people, 8 total. I believe they were the only ones not vaccinated. It was briefly brought up as to who was vaccinated but not discussed further.
(09-26-2021, 03:51 AM)Punaperson Wrote: does that mean the stats about the death/infection rates, the stories of stressed hospital staff, the school closures due to quarantine, etc., are false ?
I don't know which stats you're referring to. Our schools are open. The death rate hasn't been as bad as I would have thought given the number of cases, especially for those not in the high risk groups like the elderly couple was and amazingly they came through it very well. I really don't even know if their results were due to the treatments they got but I hope those treatments work as well as they seemed to with them. Last I heard our infection rates were trending down. I expect it has been rough on the medical workers. I wonder why so many of them don't want the vax? Otherwise, life here is pretty normal except our real estate prices are going crazy. That has to slow down or I see another crash at some point. We never had the summer slump when all of the yankee snow birds are gone. They came during the summer or never left and don't want to go back. Unlike Hawaii the FL tourism industry appears to be doing very well.

Anyhow, I've had all my shots and will continue to keep up on then, including the flu shots. However, I do go about my normal life with an increased use of hand sanitizers. I do keep a mask in my truck but it mostly stays there.

You do seem a bit bitter.
I wish you the best.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Good to hear from you oink, thanks for checking in with your experiences.
Glad you’re well & hope it won’t be too long before you can return to Hawaii.
(09-26-2021, 07:02 AM)AaronM Wrote: As previously discussed but thanks for recapping for those just skimming through.

And for those who aren't skimming through, perhaps you could provide a decent answer? The above is a classic example of you avoiding an actual discussion.

Nice to see you back, Oink!
My empathy has run dry for those making foolish decisions

After empathy is sympathy, and Hallmark has you covered Punaperson:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How is everyone feeling? Everyone in good health without issues?

Well were still here. So no cards needed. Quickly ending up as a control group in this science experiment.

In the meantime, we are all hearing about people that we know directly or by one degree of separation have issues with brain bleeds, heart issues, and other strange happenings to otherwise normal healthy individuals.
(10-03-2021, 11:22 PM)kander Wrote: How is everyone feeling? Everyone in good health without issues?

Well were still here. So no cards needed. Quickly ending up as a control group in this science experiment.

In the meantime, we are all hearing about people that we know directly or by one degree of separation have issues with brain bleeds, heart issues, and other strange happenings to otherwise normal healthy individuals.

I'm not aware of anything unusual happening to my friends or coworkers. The only person I know who got Covid was unvaccinated. Fortunately, they survived but it caused serious problems and complications at work, including others to be tested. As for the strange happenings to normally healthy individuals, perhaps you could be more specific? Alien abductions, time travel, etc?
(10-04-2021, 08:13 AM)TomK Wrote: I'm not aware of anything unusual happening to my friends or coworkers. The only person I know who got Covid was unvaccinated. Fortunately, they survived but it caused serious problems and complications at work, including others to be tested. As for the strange happenings to normally healthy individuals, perhaps you could be more specific? Alien abductions, time travel, etc?
Not going to mention people by name in a public forum. And I doubt you would either. Glad your guy didnt die. Im sure there were some wishing them their come upping. Now they have natural immunizes which are at least 7 times more effective against new strains than the warp speed Trump shot. 

You know its almost as though almost everyone was abducted by aliens and replaced with automatons. it was just a year ago everyone was saying they would have zero trust in the warp speed, trump shot. now its go team big pharma in complete blind trust. Over a virus that has such a high survival rate. If it was as bad as we thought it was when china was pushing out propaganda video of people dying in the street. The homeless population would have been decimated. and yet, we still got tent cities all over. The only place people seem do be dying is in the hospital.
Dear me. Firstly, maybe there were people wishing an unvaccinated person would die. That person wouldn't be me. As for someone having Covid and being seven times more protected than being vaccinated, well, just provide the evidence.

You haven't answered the question about strange things happening to healthy people, I doubt you will, and the reason people are dying in hospitals is that's where they go when they are very ill.