Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations
Sorry ironyak, but you’re in the TLDR category for me! No offense, I know it took you a good hour or so to type up your babble of a reply (again) and while I eagerly await Rob’s reply to your ridiculous questions, but I’m pretty sure he will bring up your (and your colleague) need to seemingly and endlessly bicker in the minutiae of meaningless nonsense. 

I guess the rules that I’ve read and old posts and threads that go back over 20 years now, just aren’t good enough for you and your colleague. Have you considered a hobby maybe? 

And yes Kalakoa, you hit the nail on the head!
(07-22-2024, 04:32 PM)HiloJulie Wrote: Blah blah blah..

Omg girl, you clutch those pearls perfectly..
(07-22-2024, 04:57 PM)MyManao Wrote: Blah blah blah..

Thank you for your brilliant summary of every post you have ever made on PunaWeb!
Yep, PW used to be a place we could converse, share our ideas, have differing opinions, now it's just the Julie this and Julie that shit show. Nobody can post without Julie telling them they are full of shit.. what a waste.
(07-22-2024, 07:21 PM)MyManao Wrote: Yep, PW used to be a place we could converse, share our ideas, have differing opinions, now it's just the Julie this and Julie that shit show. Nobody can post without Julie telling them they are full of shit.. what a waste.

Which one of your prior (and subsequent banned) screen names were you able to have these bountiful conversations with before the Julie shit show started?

Under your current screen name, you have NEVER ONCE had any form of a conversation or debate with me on any topic other than to just insult using sick disgusting misogynist terms. 

Carry on MyMano! You are the epitome of what you and your colleagues wish to turn PunaWeb into.
Well,  I'm checking in here a bit late it seems.  Here's what I'll add:
I started Punaweb as a place where Puna could speak for itself, warts and all.
I really don't read every post and actually read less and less of them as the years add up.  I have been really busy the past year or so... that and getting older has reduced my PW attention span.
If some national politics has snuck in from time to time I am sorry.  Point it out.  The one thing that saves Punaweb is keeping national out.
I wish you all the best.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Hey Rob - thanks for the reply!

It's not really national politics specifically that's been an issue in my experience, (although it does happen) just a bunch non-Hawaii related stuff and various quarrels that sneaks their way increasingly into many threads e.g. Musk, personal off-topic banter, arguments about PW requirements, more arguments about PW requirements, push back on long-held PW practices, big picture / not Hawaii-specific, and old grudges (oh so many old grudges, it could fill whole threads and often does).

The usual at-least minimal effort to find a connection to Hawaii for each post is largely gone and threads will wander the far hills both from the original topic and from being related at all to Hawaii.

My hope was to get a distilled list of practices you think are important to follow here on PunaWeb which historically have included items such as keep it local, only about 5 posts a day on average, don't overquote for easy of reading, and such, so users could easily remind others of your requests when things start to go off the rails.

But if you're cool with PunaWeb being more of a loosely structured chat-room where people just bounce things back and forth across dozens of posts a day regardless of the thread topic or its relation to Hawaii and are heavily peppered with personal attacks that's fine too of course - it's your sandbox. Just trying to get some clarity from you as the usual requirements aren't being enforced.

Hopefully your schedule allows a chance to provide this clarification for everyone, but I know you have bigger fish to fry so no stress either way. Cheers!
(07-22-2024, 04:06 PM)ironyak Wrote: Are you unwell Tom? Given your contributions and interactions here over the last several months with me and others it seems to appear that you're quite unwell. I'm sorry if you're struggling, but probably be best to find a more healthy way of coping than posting inflammatory content and then playing the victim when called out about it? I sincerely hope you get the support you may need.

I'm fine. I don't post as much as I used to because either the lunatics have been let out of the asylum or those needing adult care have been released. You carry on asking for an adult to help you with your PW issues.
Thanks, I will - at least I can recognize when help is needed.
(07-23-2024, 06:54 AM)ironyak Wrote: Thanks, I will - at least I can recognize when help is needed.

Clearly, this was you. Your entire thread sounds just like this.

At any event, carry on. Karen.