Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volcano acting up
I doubt they waive the $10 fee.... but demolition permits are needed to legally void the presence of the (used to be) existing residence. It's not as stupid as it sounds.

In non lava situations a demolition permit is practical, cheap and useful for the same reasons. It also launches the Dept. of Health on vector control (rats). When an old shack
is demolished, if the rats haven't been dealt with, then all the neighbors get hit with a tide of displaced rats. Not nice to inflict that on the neighborhood.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
OK, so it's only $10. That's quite cheap, and I certainly understand the usefulness of the extended process if something is actually being torn down with all that entails. This makes me wonder if there were waves of migrating vermin as the lava flows covered Kalapana and Royal Gardens.

Cheers,
Jerry
Did the rest of royal gardens go yet? Do you know of a site that will tell us more in depth of what is happing besides hvo. thanks
inundated by vermin...ew.

Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://thedb.com/vintageandvelvet

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
HVO is the most authoritative site on the volcano (actually The Volcanoes -- there are so MANY of them!). Last message was that the shields (places where lava has flowed, cooled, and built up, like, ahem, a pimple) are spewing pahoehoe (smooth flowing lava) in an Easterly direction. The speedway to Upper Royal Gardens stalled, but the lava continues to flow from these shields.

East is bad, unless you live in Royal Gardens in which case South is bad.

I am the resident "the sky is fulling! run, you're all gonna die!" guy on the site.

"This makes me wonder if there were waves of migrating vermin as the lava flows covered Kalapana and Royal Gardens."

Do you mean Hippies? The answer is yes.............. yuk yuk.
quote:
Originally posted by Greg

"This makes me wonder if there were waves of migrating vermin as the lava flows covered Kalapana and Royal Gardens."

Do you mean Hippies? The answer is yes.............. yuk yuk.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!![Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

I doubt they waive the $10 fee.... but demolition permits are needed to legally void the presence of the (used to be) existing residence. It's not as stupid as it sounds....

The bldg det has not included the fee in my experience if you are at the same time applying for a new building permit. (or maybe I was lucky and they didnt catch it... and charge my clients.)
Gosh Glen,
It isn't enough that the people of Royal Gardens lost their homes to the lava, but they have to be called vermin too. What a really nice guy.

What is it with the random gratuitous slams on hippies on this forum? Hippies have been part of the culture of Puna for a long time, even before most of you hippie slammers had even heard of Puna. Why did you move here if you have so little regard for so many of your new neighbors? Most of the "hippies" I've met have been kind, generous, and peaceful people who are trying to live a simple low impact lifestyle. Not all of them have much idea on how to do that, but most people in our society don't know how to live off the land properly.

I do know that when I was stuck in pouring rain on the side of the road with two little kids, a flat tire and a flat spare, it sure wasn't the guy driving the shiny SUV with the W'04 sticker who stopped and helped me. It was the slightly unwashed, long haired guy driving the beater truck who took off my flat, drove 15 miles each way to get it fixed and put it back on my car. He wouldn't even take gas money either!

So maybe we could close the season on "hippies" instead of taking pot shots at a group of people who have been in Puna for longer than most of us.

carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Ummm, it was Greg, not Glen, who made the hippie joke.

Cheers,
Jerry