Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record
Old croc,

I'm not an atmospheric scientist but my specialty is in infrared ground-based astronomy. This requires a thorough understanding of how molecules in the atmosphere affect infrared observations from the ground. Of particular interest to me is how to carry out IR spectroscopy despite the challenges greenhouse gases give us. Our data, as well as data from many ground-based sites, show how powerful greenhouse gases are in absorbing light and the processes and physics are well understood. To have some Australian politician make up the nonsense that he did is frustrating because like you, his audience is not scientists but potential voters who may know nothing about the science.

Of course, you could also side with Glinda who claims I'm a janitor working at the observatories and a wannabe professional astronomer. That's your choice to make.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record - by Guest - 07-28-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record - by Guest - 07-28-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record - by Guest - 07-29-2016, 03:15 AM
RE: Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record - by Guest - 09-30-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record - by TomK - 06-10-2019, 07:37 PM