Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State House and County Council Resolutions on LZ1 & LZ2 High Cost of Home Insurance
No, not the hazard zone maps. That approach is different than what I'm suggesting. For a more accurate assessment of risk, I'm suggesting you can build a probability scale all over the island, a heat map essentially with gradients of risk. There are certain sections of the island you can see from the lines of steepest descent that concentrate the likihood of a flow coming though the area. For instance, there's a historical pathway for large eruptions that goes right through where Nanawale is today, but because of minor topographical differences, dogs to the east of Hawaiian Beaches (1840 eruption).

This would cover LZ2 and LZ3. For LZ1, ie on top of a rift zone, your risk is 10/10, period.

As for USGS, I know they have no interest in doing the work for the insurance companies and then getting held liable later, so of course they are going to say "not for risk assessment."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Council Resolution on LZ1 & LZ2 High Cost of Home Insurance - by dobanion - 09-14-2023, 03:33 PM