Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations
leilanidude - That is a result of the old forum operating system when it was migrated. They didn't look like that, then.
Nah, leilanidude - HiloJulie has read PunaWeb back to day one and clearly has a perfect understanding and recall of what went on. Why would she ever need to listen to those of us who were actually here at the time?

HiloJulie  - "By registering on this discussion system you agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, harassing, sexually orientated, threatening or invasive of a person's privacy, or any other material which may violate any applicable laws."

Ah, yes that one rule by which me poking fun at TomK is clearly "abusive, hateful, harassing,", but nothing else going on here is? I'm sorry for calling you a "silly coot" TomK. Does this mean I've earned back my soul or is me asking for Rob's input about his site still acting like a multiple-banned troll who went out of their way to insult your deceased significant other?

Are you unwell Tom? Given your contributions and interactions here over the last several months with me and others it seems to appear that you're quite unwell. I'm sorry if you're struggling, but probably be best to find a more healthy way of coping than posting inflammatory content and then playing the victim when called out about it? I sincerely hope you get the support you may need.

HiloJulie - Oh yes, the convenient “Rob said it, but it was deleted” tactic. But YOU remember. And even more ironically, the “some of us” remember. Who is this “some of us?” (sounds like that old “white boy” club again!) And yeh, damn facts and proof – YOU remember!!!

Not to be offensive, but I’d trust YOUR memory, as well as the other “some of us” memories as far as I could throw a 500 pound man.

What I find amusing is that there are several individuals here that if they pointed out I was forgetting something, I'd immediately cotton to the notion that I may have missed something or was failing to recall it, as that's just part of being human. The fact that several PunaWeb members could be saying what was in a deleted thread and you'd believe none of them says a lot about yourself and your relationships here.

HiloJulie - ETA: Further, as you stated that this "was previously discussed," it was discussed on a thread that you were not even an active participant of on June 16, 2024. You were not actively posting on PunaWeb from August 26, 2023, until you returned on June 23, 2024 - so that's quite interesting to reference a discussion you were not even part of.

The fact that you participated in the previous discussions (that you now found) and the deleted threads makes the irony all the more rich. May I suggest getting some sick tats as a solution going forward?

As I recently told kalianna, I actually read PunaWeb on a regular basis, but most of the time just shake my head at the silliness and go about my day. You were, and still are, participating in that recent thread also, so you of course remember me saying that? Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not reading or remembering the ruckus goings on here.

HiloJulie - And if Rob sees that when he visits his website, I am quite sure he would do something or say something.
By that logic, Rob must be ok with the names and insults hurled your way as many of them are still up. Maybe he even agrees with them and makes sure they stay there even if they're in violation of the Terms of Service?

Or maybe, just maybe, Rob is extremely busy with real world obligations and is doing drive-by moderation to make sure things aren't completely on fire here, so he can return to burning the candle at both ends with his more important projects? Dude is non-stop and doing good work in the world. Least we could do is strive to uphold his wishes for PunaWeb, whatever those currently might be.

HiloJulie - Now, when you think about it, one COULD ask: What does this thread have to do with Hawaii or Puna?
And now your take on things has jumped the shark, but fortuitously landed in the circus clown tent. Yes, why would a question for the founder and sole moderator of PunaWeb, about best practices for PunaWeb, belong on PunaWeb? Big galaxy brain stuff there.

So again Rob, on the next stop-in, maybe a post-it note message about your thoughts on keeping it local, number of daily posts, full vs partial quoting, ALL CAPS, and the like would be appreciated when you have the time.

PS - Hi kalakoa! Just think it'd be good to be able to tap the sign and move on instead of having users argue again and again over the notion "I get to do whatever I want until Rob says otherwise."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations - by ironyak - 07-22-2024, 04:06 PM