Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations
(08-02-2024, 04:31 AM)ironyak Wrote: HereOnThePrimalEdge - I’m trying my best to understand your point.
Not to speak for MyManao, but I took it as - some things happen in front of the camera, and some things happen behind it, and some times you actually just had to have been there to get the full story and know the difference.

Well, I was there during the 1990 flow – and the moving of the church. As was my husband. Fresh off the boat Hawaii residents of two years! We took one couple who lost their home to the lava flow into our Ohana home for over 2 years. The first neighbor we met after buying and building our home in Hawaiian Acres had parents who lived in Kalapana. My brand new kitchen made hundreds of meals for the people of Kalapana. I know the full story. And not from sitting at Walter’s – or publishing books about the tremendous and beautiful sights of the lava flow - but by having boots on the ground. Something that happened “behind the camera” very very much.

(08-02-2024, 04:31 AM)ironyak Wrote: MyManao - Harry was adamantly against the moving of the church.
Did Harry explain why he was against moving it? While this lines up with some of the conversations we've had about his thoughts on Hilo and the '84 flow, I'm still curious as to what reasons he might have given in 1990. Did he object to people moving their houses as well or just the church?

Harry’s only care was really two fold – one safety of everyone – and two – if he had to give an evacuation order – it would be heeded with no bullshit. (Unlike his roll over and do nothing stance with TMT) County employees and County equipment were sometimes used during the moving of the church. If Harry had said no and was “adamantly against” moving it, he would have been sacrificed to Pele.

(08-02-2024, 04:31 AM)ironyak Wrote: HiloJulie - I am aware of and have read 3 books where the person in question is credited as an author and/or photographer.
Oh, so you've known the titles the entire time and are also playing dumb. I'm so surprised. It's almost like every accusation you make of other people engaging in subterfuge, or being a troll, is just a confession of your own behavior. Much like Tom's little games, your song and dance is a bit sad and pathetic, but if being a clown gets you the type of attention you crave, keep at it, I guess.

If you maybe pulled that giant baseball bat sized stick out of your ass, maybe, just maybe, you could consider that there could be more books written? As I stated before, if there was any book the author in question that had a forward written by him, I am either not remembering it or it was so inconsequential in what it said. Further, I bought the author in question books at the reuse centers in Pahoa and Keaau, and it’s possible the page with the forward in question was ripped out. I no longer own the books, as they were re-donated back to the reuse centers after I read them.

Again, maybe there are more books written?

Pull the baseball bat sized stick out of your ass – please! Here is a good self help book to guide you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations - by HiloJulie - 08-02-2024, 06:00 AM