Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations
(08-03-2024, 02:35 AM)MyManao Wrote:
(08-03-2024, 01:46 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: My understanding of a book dedication is that it’s a paragraph, or two that someone writes about the book in hand, or the author of that book..

I was compelled to write something like that in my second book. The editor called it a Forward. Whereas in all books, pretty much every book I have, there's some sort of short and sweet, I dedicate this book to.. my goldfish, hamster?

And yeah, a phenomenal amount of words have been uttered here on the matter.. sheesh..

So you've authored two books? What are they called, and what are the ISBNs?

By the way, a foreword (note spelling) in a book is something written by someone else, i.e., not the author. The bit you are talking about is a dedication written by the author as an acknowledgment to all that helped them. As an author of two books, I would assume you know this. It suggests to me that your second book wasn't yours and was written by someone else. And we still don't know anything about your first book, which you claim is yours, i.e., authored.

Frankly, I think you are claiming authorship of two books you didn't write. Thinking "forward" = "foreword" just confirms it. Words matter, and if you claim to be a writer, they matter more.

(08-03-2024, 01:46 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: what's the point

My understanding of a book dedication is that it’s a paragraph, or two that someone writes about the book in hand, or the author of that book.  Short and sweet. Our discussion about MyManao’s dedication had become anything but short and sweet, so I thought I’d lob in two minutes of harmonic heaven that’s gone from the charts, but not from our hearts.  Change up the mood.

I don’t know what secrets we can expect to discover from a simple book dedication, but with all of the discussion and effort put into extracting and revealing MyManao’s words I just thought some of us had a different definition of “dedication” than I did.  

I assume it’s something like this:

Great book on the subject matter!
Author is a wonderful writer!

I think we share the same opinion. MyManao does not know what he is talking about. The dedication is from the author; the foreword is from someone else.

I don't want to go after anyone in particular, but if someone is as dishonest as MyManao seems to be, plus his attacks on women in general, it needs calling out. He accuses and demeans others of not being the professionals they are, yet can't back up his own claims of being an author.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations - by TomK - 08-03-2024, 06:40 AM