Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bringing Firearms When Moving to B.I.
I think your imagination is getting the better of you. My favorite bumper sticker is: "Don't believe everything you think".
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
timely:

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/sect...dence.html

"Hilo Patrol officers responded to a 5:27 p.m. call of multiple shots being fired at a home at the end of Auwae Road.

The release said that officers responding to the scene found the woman with multiple gunshot wounds, and that it appeared that Amormino had fired at another person in the home. The man was arrested at the scene."

follow up: http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/break...=151655485

"Police also charged him with three counts of terroristic threatening in an unrelated incident 20 minutes before the shooting.

Amormino allegedly waved a handgun at a 52-year-old woman, a 48-year-old man and a 14-year-old girl — all of Mountain View — after allegedly tailgating their vehicle on Highway 130 near the Hawaiian Paradise Park subdivision"
I believe the base question is whether a private citizen on private property has the right to make decisions on how they protect themselves and their property.

My belief is that it is similar to seat belt laws or helmet laws. Not wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle is stupid (I have broken two helmets so have practical knowledge) but I don't need to government deciding if I can do stupid things or not. Owning a gun without training with it (on a regular basis) and not making a commitment to it's use if needed is a recipe for disaster, but one you are free to make.

As far as the constitution is concerned, it is supposed to limit the federal government to only those items specifically listed in the constitution. Since gun control (a concept the founders wouldn't have conceived) isn't listed in the constitution it shouldn't be regulated by the federal government (becomes a state / local government issue which in my belief is where it should be legislated). To some degree it is, but with the power of the ATF and federal mandates (federal controls the purse strings) the state regulations are mostly a facade.

http://www.wedekingphotography.com
my favorite bumper sticker is 'better safe than stupid'
slow down, this ain't the mainland
quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

timely:

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/sect...dence.html

"Hilo Patrol officers responded to a 5:27 p.m. call of multiple shots being fired at a home at the end of Auwae Road.

The release said that officers responding to the scene found the woman with multiple gunshot wounds, and that it appeared that Amormino had fired at another person in the home. The man was arrested at the scene."

who's home was it? The shooter's? The woman's?
What's the fun of having all those cute little guns if you can't tell everyone what a big strapping man you are by having them?
"I'm a tough guy, podna. Y'all stay away from my spread or I'm gonna spread your guts all around the place."
Really, this ain't the mainland. Let's keep it that way. I'll ask again, where do you draw the line at which point your possessions are worth someone's life? As far as protecting yourself from violence, there are many non-lethal methods. And no one "bad" will get your sweet little gunny.
It wasn't the shooter's home, because he lives in Hawaiian Beaches, and the shooting was in Panaewa. The shooter was 72, not too likely it was a home invasion, sounds like a beef between people who knew each other. At some point the police will release more details.
Yes, KathyH, if Dana had been carrying she could have killed those little ****ers!

I see carbon copies of those little ****s all over the place.
Why do we think that one girl with a gun would prevail over three guys with a gun and a superior vantage point (a vehicle over a bike)?

You can't assume that only the victim would have been armed if there were relaxed gun laws. More realistically, the perps would have been armed, because they were macho creeps who would carry if they could, while she would still have been the unarmed girl who sees good in everyone and rides her bike without protection. Even if she did carry, 3-1 is not good odds. Or 2-1, depending on what you think is the true story.