Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
learning to speak fluent Spanish
Guess people don't know Android has a voice recognition/speech synthesis universal translator. You speak English into your smartphone, it translates to the language of choice and outputs to the speaker. If you are next to the person, they push the microphone icon, speak their language into the phone, the phone translates and says it in English. It works really well for the major languages, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, more are being added all the time. Skype is also supposed to have real time translation now, haven't tried it. MS speech recognition and synthesis have been garbage for a couple decades now but maybe it is working better in Skype. Smart watch universal translators will probably start showing up next year.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Hawai'i Community College in Hilo offers online courses, Speed Spanish I, II, and III. It costs about double what it did when I took it but think it would still be worth it. I was reading and writing Spanish after just a couple of lessons, basic but adequate. I only took I, think after II and III you'd be pretty fluent. Another option.

http://www.ed2go.com/online-courses/speed-spanish?tab=detail&category=language-arts

I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Thanks Lin.

I have heard great things about the UHH spanish classes. A unique and successful method.

Cheers,
Kirt
No necesito here after Trump 2016 !

aloha,
pog