Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ignore button
Another idea is to display the ID of the user who associated with the last post on the main Topics page, for example:

Last Post
by Noel M2 at 06/16/2005 21:00:11

Noel
Another novel, albeit radical idea might be to respect the person who started the thread.

For example, if Punagirl started a thread on the adventures of eating ice cream at Kehena beach and I replied that all ice cream ought to be melted and dumped on Coconut Island, I'd think Punagirl is well within her rights to ask me not to post to her thread. Of course this would not be a reason for me to become beligerent or offensive and trash her opinion, but my opportunity to start my own melted ice cream on coconut island thread. I'd also want to read it many times a day so everyone can see what a popular topic I started.

Moderator - can a person be granted limited moderator priviledges, say only of their own thread so they can edit/remove offensive posts?

Ninole Resident
Hi David,

I think that's a good idea too! Are you Ninole-bound David? If so, I hope you're already here or getting very close.

Noel
Hi Noel
Yep, dat be me. Just got quotes today from Matson and Horizon for 40 ft container for July. Mentally and emotionally my wife is there already (I think Punagirl would agree) but body doesn't catch up until Aug 9th.
I've been slack in my email, so I hope you and others forgive me.
David

Ninole Resident
David,

August is just around the corner! I'm sure things are moving at a frentic pace now. I recall our excitement when we moved so I can relate.

I look forward to visiting the Ninole ranch. Is the cottage already done?

Noel