Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
Kalakoa, 650,000 deaths is a tragedy, regardless of the percentage of the US population. Particularly now that we have vaccines.

AaronM, do the answers to those questions change anything? 60% of the US have conditions like those. Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are causing needless suffering and death and hurting our economy.
(09-07-2021, 12:04 PM)AaronM Wrote: Is it a conspiracy if the WHO says something?  Are they the fruitcakes that you refer to?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't posted anything about what the WHO has said.
"How old was he? Did he smoke? Was he obese? Just saying that some guy you know died from Covid doesn't say much."
Here is the obituary, judge for yourself. Looks healthy to me.

https://www.wheelerfuneralhomes.com/obit...Steve-Boyd
67 years old. His general health can hardly be gathered from an obit but his age was clearly a major risk factor for Covid.
(09-07-2021, 11:07 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Shark... high potential to maim or kill.
Contracting covid does not.

As an example of how difficult it is for humans to assess and analyze risk, I’ll note some numbers:

COVID deaths are now around 600,000.
“On average, there are 16 shark attacks per year in the United States, with one fatality every two years.”
The "WORLD O METER" website reports over 670,000 deaths so far.
I fear that this thread may have jumped the proverbial shark.
(09-09-2021, 12:04 AM)AaronM Wrote: I fear that this thread may have jumped the proverbial shark.

Jumping the shark is an apt description of your recent posts.
Even if we reach 1M deaths it will still be a very small percentage.

I understand that a lot of people posting here lately feel very vulnerable due to their age or their general health conditions like obesity or lung function.

This vulnerability creates excessive anxiety and leads to snarky comments. I wish you all the best and hope that your fears are not realized.
(09-09-2021, 04:16 PM)AaronM Wrote: Even if we reach 1M deaths it will still be a very small percentage. 

I understand that a lot of people posting here lately feel very vulnerable due to their age or their general health conditions like obesity or lung function. 

This vulnerability creates excessive anxiety and leads to snarky comments.  I wish you all the best and hope that your fears are not realized.

I think most people feel less vulnerable because they are vaccinated and are concerned about a virus that kills people. I suspect they are also aware that the unvaccinated are now overwhelming our health system. They are also aware that you don't give a toss about people or their families and friends by posting:

"Even if we reach 1M deaths it will still be a very small percentage."

Unfortunately, this is the selfishness, arrogance, dishonesty along with a lack of knowledge and empathy for their community that anti-vaxxers exhibit.
TomK summed it up perfectly.