Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Railroad Ave connective and experience
"You might want to check with HPP Bored people."

Ha! Is there enough disk space left on Punatalk for that?
The speed limit in HPP is 15 MPH on unpaved roads...25MPH on paved crossroads and 35MPH on the main roads into the subdivision. The paved section of Railroad should be 25 MPH unless it was specifically changed.

With compression, no problem, it's the same few rants over and over.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

The speed limit in HPP is 15 MPH on unpaved roads...25MPH on paved crossroads and 35MPH on the main roads into the subdivision. The paved section of Railroad should be 25 MPH unless it was specifically changed.

15 MPH is what's posted. I think 25 MPH would be reasonable for the paved part, not that I have a vote.
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
quote:
Originally posted by shockwave rider

Speed Bumps every 150 feet would fix that.

Wait until people get mad at the speed bumps and start honking their horn as they cross them.... [Big Grin]
When I drove the road it appeared to me that the 15 mph sign was on a section of previously unpaved road.The county has now paved that section of road for HPP.
They have also posted drive with aloha signs and provided a traffic light.
Perhaps the best thing for HPP would be to dedicate Makuu to the county.The county would then have to do all of the maintenance and HPP residents would get some return on their fuel tax.
The 15 mph part of the road is in HPP.
You might want to check with HPP Bored people.

I believe when specification performance exceeds 15 mph, cloud (of dust) memory is activated.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
You can see the 15 MPH sign on the right in the clip below at 3:43. Not sure if that was the previously unpaved section that Obie mentioned. But there are no other signs on the paved section indicating speed limit before or after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSOg_U_yuMA
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
1. County "cannot accept" grant of a "substandard" road, but this requirement could easily be waived under the Active Emergency;

2. The posted 15mph is technically unenforceable without a matching Code stipulation, but tickets would probably hold up (again with the Active Emergency).

a road through natural undeveloped lowlands

Yes: amazing scenery, well worth the trip, would bring mountain bikes if it were opened as a "park", especially if there were a picnick area somewhere in the middle...
It would be nice if the State had sent a few dump trucks out with a backhoe to clean up the garbage and rubbish abandon vehicles along the sides of Railroad. I don't consider it a pristine area drive simply because of that factor alone.

ETA - It displayed perfectly the States real sentiments about the "Aina". I can understand had the situation been an emergency and lava did cross 130 and RR went into use immediately after completion but that's not the case. Certainly they must have noticed the trash and they've had months to address the issue yet ignored it having plenty of resources to deal with it quickly but instead leaving it and opening the road and displaying it to everyone who drove the road. It just further demonstrated State neglect/disregard for this area.