Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian flight diverted over blanket fee
I flew United out of HNL and everybody got a free blanket, headphones, and in-flight entertainment via the monitor on seat back in front of us.
Same here ... I do the ITO to LAX often for work ....still miss Continentals service ....

On the LAX to ITO route the keep the airplane cold ...less to clean up, its an old approach ....same reason they keep jail cells cold - cold temps keep folks docile and complacent

The last few flights the flight deck crews have also turned on the seat belt light the last hour of the flight lately claiming turbulence or extra long approach

Tight turn arounds maybe?
quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

Airlines like to keep cabin temps cool to keep folks bundled up in their seats, hopefully napping and staying in place.

Ive taken to carrying sweats in my carry on - problem solved

Not for everybody. I've been bundled up too and found I still needed a blanket or two. Luckily I haven't had the pleasure of being charged to keep warm.
Don't forget that the 2 people at the pointy end are sitting behind a bunch of big windows on that LAX-ITO flight.Lots of solar radiation equals heat.
The 737-800 they fly does not have a sophisticated zone control system like the wide bodies.
The cabin attendants are also pushing carts and working from a warm galley.

Fly Delta ! Free blankets,entertainment and free meals coming soon on mainland-Hawaii flights.
The free meals are already here! Had one last week.