Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pohoiki Park to reopen Dec 6
I'll prolly never go to Pohoiki
Again, cursed ground and all. I'll just keep to myself in Mt view. The blessings apparently wear off after awhile. Just ask the people of vacationland. I'm sure when they first broke ground and did their 'blessing' on it ... They didn't anticipate Armageddon to come eventually.

I have a sudden craving for popcorn..
Huh okay. Cursed ground?

Couldn't one say that everywhere you stand on this island, including up there in Mt. View will also eventually also succumb to Pele's wrath?
Yes, probably not in our lifetimes but I disagree with your viewpoint but will remain positive and will not call names like a few three others here on this Puna Web.

And thank you Punatic007, just what I was waiting for. A positive review. I'll be going soon.
I went to the blessing and opening yesterday and it was wonderful. The looks on people's faces as they first saw the magnificent new beach was something I'll always remember. Swimming looks very treacherous but there were several surfers. There's a warm pond and a few people were swimming in it but I think I'll wait to see how/if the water is circulated before going in.
Certainty will be the death of us.
magnificent beauty...
something I’ll always remember..

The descriptions of our newly opened Pohoiki Beach Park are certainly an improvement over the dire predictions claiming no one would go there, other than gangs of strung out drug addled demon worshippers. Glad to hear it’s open again and a positive asset for those living in lower Puna, and beyond.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by kalianna

I went to the blessing and opening yesterday and it was wonderful. The looks on people's faces as they first saw the magnificent new beach was something I'll always remember. Swimming looks very treacherous but there were several surfers. There's a warm pond and a few people were swimming in it but I think I'll wait to see how/if the water is circulated before going in.

Treacherous is a remember wonderful. Surf!

Cheers,
Kirt
I asked a lifeguard today how is it for swimming and he basically described Kehena beach to me, so I asked him if they were similar and he said definitely. Mostly he warned me to watch out for surfers if I do laps in the bay. So if it's like Kehena, always wear short lightweight fins at the least and only go out past the breakers if you are a strong swimmer. But it didn't appear to be the same shore break. Calm days should be good for everyone. There are also some great spots for the fishermen.
quote:
Originally posted by kalianna

I never forget either. Not only did they walk very slowly but eyes as wide and bright as I've seen in some time, one after another. It was hard to believe we were on the Big Island. Historically I don't think we've ever had beach access and been able to enter the water anywhere near as soon as 3 months after the active lava cooled, lifeguards and all.
Alaskan66. "Prolly never go Poihiki Cursed ground. Will stay Mt. View." Sad post, stay home, more better! Maybe Alaska even more better? Just saying.
Went Friday and thinking that the gate would open at 8am... well it doesn't... There was about a dozen vehicles parked just outside the gate at the stop sign and he said although the gate is not to be opened until 9am, anyone is free to walk past the gate and go in now. Huh? That makes a lot of sense? At 9am - exactly I might add - the guard, who was looking at his cell phone, opened the gate precisely at the stroke of 9am. He said he was threatened with being fired if he opened it early. A guard is present 24x7.

Again, typical County stupidity. People walking in at 7am is OK, but driving the last 1/8th mile is not OK. Presently nursing a knee injury which is why I waited.
precisely at the stroke of 9 AM.
Again, typical County stupidity.

I mailed in my state tax return (extension) two months ago.
They owe me a refund.
Still no check.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves