Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations
Speaking of PunaWeb, I have an observation/question:

What is the reason that a small amount of posters have turned on the “hidden” feature that when activated, does not show when the user is logged in (other than saying “invisible user”) and hides the last time they were logged in as well as total time spent on line. 

I’m just wondering what the reason is that a poster decides to activate that feature?

My observation is that most of the posters use of this “invisible user” feature is directly related to the types of posts being made.
(07-22-2024, 04:06 PM)ironyak Wrote: HiloJulie - Oh yes, the convenient “Rob said it, but it was deleted” tactic. But YOU remember. And even more ironically, the “some of us” remember. Who is this “some of us?” (sounds like that old “white boy” club again!) And yeh, damn facts and proof – YOU remember!!!

Not to be offensive, but I’d trust YOUR memory, as well as the other “some of us” memories as far as I could throw a 500 pound man.

What I find amusing is that there are several individuals here that if they pointed out I was forgetting something, I'd immediately cotton to the notion that I may have missed something or was failing to recall it, as that's just part of being human. The fact that several PunaWeb members could be saying what was in a deleted thread and you'd believe none of them says a lot about yourself and your relationships here.

I would think you, of all people, would realize that if a poster, such as yourself, creates a thread and other posters, such as myself post and/or reply to that thread, and then you later delete the entire thread, if you then go into my profile and look up my posts, you will find a “snippet” of the posts that I made on the deleted thread.

So, to recap, the original accusation was that I was told by Rob not to excessively quote. I refuted that, saying Rob never told me that directly. Then the reply was that yes it happened with a now banned former poster who then deleted the thread where Rob made this supposed now deleted post.

Then, several other posters all jumped in and said that “yeh, I remember that post.”

Well, how about you go look at each post Rob has made, from the present to December 10, 2021 when Rob did make a post about quoting, which was 2 years before I joined PunaWeb and show me that “snippet” of a post that Rob made in a deleted thread telling me directly not to excessively quote.

You can’t. Because it never happened.

Yet I am supposed to take your word for it, trust your memory, as well as the memory of other posters – all of whom simply did not tell the truth – or have significant memory issues and roll over and apologize for something that never happened.

Now I fully understand why Tom is so insistent of proof on various threads. Someone says something just completely pulled out of their ass and BANG its fact and true!

So then, let me tell you what I remember:

I remember you made a post saying you were going to donate $1,000.00 to whatever Rob’s Christmas Gift Fund is this year. But somehow that post appears to be deleted. But I remember it. Oh yes, I remember it!

So now that I pointed this now deleted post of your generous donation promise, will you immediately say that “I was forgetting something, I'd immediately cotton to the notion that I may have missed something or was failing to recall it, as that's just part of being human. The fact that several PunaWeb members could be saying what was in a deleted thread and you'd believe none of them says a lot about yourself and your relationships here.”

So then. Proof – or do you trust my razor sharp memory?!?! And what about YOUR relationships here?
Back in the day, Rob used to ask for donations for a Christmas fund for IIRC, Pahoa Elementary School. Both Obie and I were significant contributors to that fund. Unfortunately, that campaign ended several years ago. I don't know what Ironyak posted if anything, but I am just providing some background on the Christmas fund.
(07-24-2024, 06:44 AM)TomK Wrote: Back in the day..

Yeah, back in the day. We used to get together and clean up people's yards. Sheesh Pam put together groups with chainsaws and trucks and we'd go out and cut unwanted trees down in people's yards. Haul the logs up to a barn in Glenwood, dry and chop the wood into fireplace size, and deliver firewood to folks in Volcano that were too infirm to take care of that kine stuff themselves.
(07-24-2024, 09:51 PM)MyManao Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 06:44 AM)TomK Wrote: Back in the day..

Yeah, back in the day. We used to get together and clean up people's yards. Sheesh Pam put together groups with chainsaws and trucks and we'd go out and cut unwanted trees down in people's yards. Haul the logs up to a barn in Glenwood, dry and chop the wood into fireplace size, and deliver firewood to folks in Volcano that were too infirm to take care of that kine stuff themselves.

Which account name were you using at that time? You've used a few over the years, haven't you? You've only been posting here for a little over four years, but that's not true, is it?
OMG, Tom, I don't know, other than to note that the motive behind your inquiry seems to be more associated with your perverse need to be an asshole than any want for actual information. But hey, you're the fake scientist that struts around like a puffed up rooster crowing about his dominance over all he surveys. Yeah Tom, you're the biggest piece of shite hereabouts for sure.

But hey, you're right, there is some question of handles used when. And in keeping with your status as the guy with the biggest on PW maybe you should do an equally big study on the matter. You know, get yourself a NSF grant to collate all the data, study the f*ck out of it, and submit your findings to a prestigious journal..

I don't know, what will you title it? Dakine blah blah blah.. yeah yeah yeah.. you're so funny Tom. I especially like it when you strut around in that little pink getup.. cute. But brah, you're an old man anymore. Ain't it about time you face the facts yourself..?

But, for real, brah, we'd all like to see the pics. You do have pics, screenshots, the whole enchilada.. right?

btw.. I don't remember you showing up to help us when we teamed up to help the folks in lower Puna clear their yards and such, and I certainly don't recall you ever shoiwing up to chop wood, or deliver loads to the needy in the Volcano area. In fact, I don't remember you ever helping, at all..
(07-25-2024, 06:59 PM)MyManao Wrote: OMG, Tom, I don't know, other than to note that the motive behind your inquiry seems to be more associated with you need to be an asshole than any want for actual information. But hey, you're the fake scientist that struts around like a puffed up rooster crowing about his dominance over all he surveys. Yeah Tom, you're the biggest piece of shite hereabouts for sure.

But hey, you're right, there is some question of handles used when. And in keeping with your status as the guy with the biggest on PW maybe you should do an equally big study on the matter. You know, get yourself a NSF grant to collate all the data, study the f*ck out of it, and submit your findings to a prestigious publication..

I don't know, what will you title it? Dakine blah blah blah.. yeah yeah yeah.. you're so funny Tom. I especially like it when you strut around in that little pink getup.. cute. But brah, you're an old man anymore. Ain't it about time you face the facts yourself..?

But, for real, brah, we'd all like to see the pics. You do have pics, screenshots, the whole enchilada.. right?

btw.. I don't remember you showing up to help us when we teamed up to help the folks in lower Puna clear their yards and such, and I certainly don't recall you ever shoiwing up to chop wood, or deliver loads to the needy in the Volcano area. In fact, I don't remember you at all..

@ironyak

So, I’m “asking for a friend” but why not rip into what MyMano has said above, that I conveniently quoted in its entirety for you, with the same vim and vigor you rip on posters who on occasion may make a few more than 5 posts a day, may type a word or sentence in all CAPS, or posters who may engage in a little “banter,” or those absolute vermin of PunaWeb posters, who quote entire posts? I’m sure you could find hundreds of prior posts from MyMano that you could all embed their links to into a reply of the sheer unadulterated insulting and at times misogynistic comments that this poster continually makes. I bet you could spend a few hours doing that!

Or might that be too much “humbug” for you to do?
WTF does this have to do with me? MyManoa and TomK arguing is just another day of the week that ends in y on PunaWeb.

You want to speak to a manager, ask for Rob, it's his site.
(07-25-2024, 08:09 PM)ironyak Wrote: WTF does this have to do with me? MyManoa and TomK arguing is just another day of the week that ends in y on PunaWeb.

You want to speak to a manager, ask for Rob, it's his site.

Well, I was hoping to speak with the “wannabe” manager, but nonetheless, keep bending over and picking up that penny as one hundred dollar bills fly right over your head!
we'd all like to see the pics. You do have pics, screenshots, the whole enchilada..

So glad there’s a menu!
I’d like the enchilada please.  I know it’s not Asian, but could I get it prepared bland if possible?