Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get to Hilo Airport from Pahoa...
Sounds Funny I know...

But seriously, if you don't want to physically drive out to the airport what other options are there? I'd rather leave my car at home.

A) call a cab - Taxi coupons Travel is limited to 9 miles. So that isn't gonna work for Pahoa. I'd hate to see how much a taxi would charge from Pahoa to ITO. Probably 60 + Tip would be my guess @ 3 bucks a mile.

B) Have a friend drive you...

C) Take the bus ... But you would have to take the bus to mall and still need a taxi ride to the airport (coupon would work). Tho no bus service on sunday and early bus get to mall is 7PM so need a taxi time as well. Plus if you had bags it wouldn't be an option.

Any other options I missed? Just wondering... We will probably ask our neighbor to drive us. But if I have a better option for like 20-30 bucks I'd probably use it.

Thanks!
A a "real" reasonably priced airport shuttle to both airports would be a money maker imho - There certainly is a need.

As to Kona over Hilo --- I figured I was "making" 10 -20$ in hour in savings driving over there - add 50 bucks round trip in fuel ....

False economy is was I came away with - my next flight a 337$ non stop united nonstop to lax in my back packet as I type. 4 hrs 45 minutes on average. That has value to me as well....
I know its 70 bucks for a taxi to the airport from HPP, so even more from Pahoa probably.

Mac nut
wow... 70 bucks really? Sheesh... That's like another 1/3 more to get to pahoa from HPP.

Oh well. Funny I have seen taxi's going down in Beaches subdivision.
It's cheaper to rent a car from the airport for a day. Total is $50.00 if you decline the insurance and your the only driver.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

It's cheaper to rent a car from the airport for a day. Total is $50.00 if you decline the insurance and your the only driver.

how do you get to the airport to get the car ??
if you can get there to get a car, you can get there to get the flight.
You need two people when you drive into town the day before to pick up the car.... If your single or if you don't want to drive into town the day before with your car...then it obviously won't work.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

You need two people when you drive into town the day before to pick up the car.... If your single...then it won't work.

save $50 ,,, ask for the ride the next day.