Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa Tennis Team
I am a student at Pahoa High School and I was planning on playing tennis this year, but the man who coached the team last year decided not to do it this year. This means that if we don't find a coach by next week Monday, there will be no tennis team. So my question is, is there anyone interested in coaching tennis or do you know anyone who would be interested in taking the job?
oh boy, I have a friend who used to be an ace tennis player in her younger days. Let me talk to her. I will email you if I can get her to show some interest.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
Hi Shelby,

I am so sorry to hear about that ... I hope the school does not shut program down just cause of that.

If I were you, I would be proactive and in communication with who ever is in charge of athletics and ask what they need in order to keep the program going. THEN >>>

>>> All you guys need to speak up for yourselves and provide a plan to the school on how you will take care of things yourselves if need be ... Be organised, prepared and keep your to your word.

my .02
aloha,
pog
Sorry to veer off topic...
When I was younger I played tennis competitively for the USTA, in my high school days playing circuit tournaments called Grand Prixs for the USTA minors and being absolutely thrilled to play for the college in my towns university - I knew the coach personally and was excited to be a part of a team because I never played in high school for the highschool team, just signing up for singles tournaments in the USTA.

About 2 months before my high school graduation the university shut down the men's tennis team but kept the womens... (I'm male) it wrecked my dream ! And get this the very same year they added on a several million dollar "locker room" to the football stadium : /

Not to be discouraging but these things happen. I hope you get your tennis coach Shelby! Best of luck

Never underestimate the power of the dark side.
does pahoa have public tennis courts?
Shelby, I coached high school tennis from 2005 to 2010 until I retired and moved to Pahoa. I have also been the tennis pro at The Pauma Valley Country Club on the mainland. In my prime I was rated 4.5 and played in the USTA sectionals several times on Maui. I am a very good tennis instructor and coach. A high school should have a tennis team and any students who are as dedicated as you should be rewarded. I'd like to help you out... and before the deadline of Monday. Please email me at JBrawner@hawaii.rr.com to discuss the details.
YES!!! Thanks Jim and Becky for helping them out!
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
@ericlp Yes there are public tennis courts right next to the new gym, however they are mostly in use by students on school days, but you can play on weekends. @KahunaJim Thank you for your interest and the school's number is 965-2150, and just ask for the extension for the athletic director.
Okay Shelby, I spoke with Ron and we'll meet on Thursday. Don't worry about your tennis team. There have been several inquiries for the position. It sounds like one way or the other, you will have try-outs on Monday. I hope it works out so I can help you guys!