Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Sad ... :(
Just read this on Konaweb:

Blocked URLs

Posted by Konabob on Sunday, 16 October 2005, at 10:14 a.m.

In response to 78236: ###.why-block-me.com, posted by Todd M on Sunday, 16 October 2005, at 9:28 a.m.

Hi Todd,
Most URL's will work on KONAWEB. Here are the addresses which are not available in KONAWEB.

punaweb
hilo-web
vrbo
hawaiianparadisepark
hppneighbor

These organizations are certainly invited to advertise on KONAWEB.
We would love to have their support! Other Big Island web sites are
helping to support us. For Example:

http://www.southpointhawaii.com
http://BigIslandClassifieds.com

The problem we were having is this: People were using the forum as
a way to advertise their business or vacation rental. We have specific
advertising pages for these services and also the Free Ads for people
who just want to sell things they don't need.
It would not be fair to our advertisers if we let their competators post
ads on the Forums.

Of course people are able to post something like; "Contact me through
the Forum Mail of information about...".

Sad, how very sad Sad
David
Ninole in 10 days

Ninole Resident
David,
I totally agree. My house for sale post was deleted and I am a paid advertiser on Konaweb but not for long.

Lee

Just my 2 cents also. I do think it is sad, but somehow they need to pay the rent on the site. We have a website that isn't as expansive and it is spendy. At least he does share that you can have people e-mail you direct, you'll just have to word this differently. I'm sorry this has happened. I posted a link to a newspaper article once and it was banned as I thought it was informative to peoples contemplating a move, KBob thought it was not PC to his views or business interests or what I'm not sure. I do have to say although I didn't agree with him he did write me personally to explain this. Oh well it is his site, and I can be a disruptive presents at times even when trying to do good things! Thank goodness we have our east side sites and we can and people have made them informative. Now when I'm online I come to Punaweb, Hpp website, Fern Acres Community Assn and Hilo web, and last Konaweb. I use to go to Konaweb first, no more. Mella L

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Sad?

I'd like to take a moment to express why I feel so. Not to stir the pot, but to clarify that my post was not intended to be negative on either Konaweb or Konabob.

I've been on Konaweb longer than Puna or Hilo webs existed. I was a starting member of both forums. Some might remember that the basis of Hilo-web even starting was result of a suggestion from Konabob. Some of us on KonaWeb were interested in maintaining an owner-builder topic. It started as an email list of interested KonaWebbers. It soon became cumbersome. KonaBob suggested that we should consider setting up a free forum, possibly with a moderator. John (HiloJohn) was a member of that email group and offered to start a forum - that forum became Hilo-web. Hilo-web was advertised on Konaweb, but never was a commercial site in of itself. Konaweb has always been a clickable link on Hilo-web. I believe there is a section on Konaweb that even encourages such linking. Unfortunately, that was also the Hilo-web that suffered a catastrophic and permanent error where all content was lost. The current site is a rebuild. Apparently, there is now a commercial Hiloweb, but it is not the same site - does web pages. Of course, Punaweb is a ".org" and by definition not commercial.

Both Hilo-web and Punaweb members have been avid supporters of Konaweb, if not in a financial sense, then in the spirit of support, recommending newcomers to visit KonaWeb. As my understanding of a commercial website being successful is based on the number of discreet hits - both eastside webs have contributed without actually being competition. I do understand why commercial site references are not allowed by Konabob and that makes sense unless there is quid pro quo. One of the features of Konaweb I heartily endorse is Konabob's policing of the topics that tend to get nasty.

On a more personal note: All members of Konaweb in Atlanta ( and we have had a few) know that my hope is to turn our Ninole home into a Bed & Breakfast once it is built. It was always part my plan, that my first paid advertising would be on Konaweb, not as a member of the rotating B&B ads, but to start out prominently on the front page. Now it appears 3 years of plan A may be out the window.

Life goes on Smile
David
Ninole in 3 days

Ninole Resident
Now I understand David! Hope the B and B plans are coming around for you and Sophie. I have often drempt about a B&B, but at this stage in the game it's not for me. I do have many recipes tho I've save over the years that would be perfect breafkast fare and one day will share them with Sophie if she would like.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
B&B? That's Brandy & Benedictine, right? Smile

John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

Sophie?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? Hmmmmmm, what was it she told me about baking in the nice big commercial oven David?? Not a chance??? And Mella, you have not seen a view until you have seen the view from David & Sophie's place.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
Thanks Mella. We are making progress, just an inspection away from getting concrete poured.

OK John, and here I'm thinking it's brandy and bedtime Smile

Amiee, you are right, I doubt there'll be much more than muffins as for baking. Smile and we kinda like the view too. Shoulda seen the full moon overr the water - WOW

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Well David, I trust you will let me come up and bake a cake or something in that oven. I am dying to try it out. I can make a chocolate mac not pie. Man, I haven't made one of those in a long time.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa