Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anti-GMO ? Why I am.....
You titled this thread "Anti-GMO, why I am..." then linked to a lengthy article that does not even mention GMOs.
So now we still don't know why you're anti-GMO. I'll go with the odds and guess that you're anti-science.
Maybe you're the one who should do more reading.
quote:
Originally posted by Clayjacks

I think I know where the OP is going with this.

"I am against them until such a time that those responsible have vetted the process as safe for our consumption in an open and above board transparent manner and not until then."

Who are "those responsible"? The FDA says that the GMOs they regulate are perfectly safe for consumption.
I think you'll be against GM technology until someone (maybe anyone) comes along and "proves" that they're not safe.

The EPA (a .gov agency as is the EPA) who in the immediate after math of the 911 event declared the air safe to breath which has resulted in the death and deabilatation of many first responders and others,was anything but true , as is also the case with GMO'S.
To Rob:
Since someone has implied I'm a troll I suggest that you delete the thread.
Thanks.

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.

quote:
Originally posted by rainyjim

Whoo 1 million points to Mtviewdude for hitting the nail on the head.

I wish this forum had 'like' and 'dislike' options for posters. X amount of likes or dislikes would result in interesting categories such as the # of posts categories you see under the screen name like "Punatic" or "Kama'aina".

I imagine categories such as "undeniably fear-mongering" and "Community Hero", though I imagine certain individuals like HOTPE and Kalakoa would be more suited to define such labels due to their undeniable wit!

Maybe the next version of punaweb - allegedly forthcoming? per Rob's recent topic - could include this type of mechanism.

Wouldn't work for me, I'm afraid. I always address the difficult issues that need resolution, not the the frilly "pop" stuff that's easy to like.
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
quote:
Originally posted by imwithstoopid

Am I against GMO?
Am I being rational?
Is there a reason I should be concerned for myself and others?
Yes there is.

The following is from a report on a similar subject; does Teflon present any danger to us?

As a preface to this I only present it to you out there due to the on-going discussion about GMO on the islands and whether or not to use such augmented plants.

I am against them until such a time that those responsible have vetted the process as safe for our consumption in an open and above board transparent manner and not until then.

The link is long and very troubling, please take the time to read and learn once again how our own go to great lengths to placate us with outright deceptions.

I am not a fanatic about such things since my time left on this earth is growing shorter but a lot of you have a lot more at stake especially in your progeny.

I hope the link works. The closer you get to the end the worse it gets.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/...pockethits

Ray

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children 8
make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.

A Luddite inevery box
Monsanto has a new product, a sprayable GMO called BioDirect:

BioDirect contains a mechanism called RNA interference, which allows farmers or scientists to temporarily “turn off” the activity of any gene. The spray can be configured for any number of uses, depending on the needs of and threats to the crop. Monsanto’s chief technology officer Robb Fraley told MIT Technology Review that BioDirect will “open up a whole new way to use biotechnology” that “doesn’t have the same stigma, the same intensive regulatory studies and cost that we would normally associate with GMOs.”

https://thrivemarket.com/blog/spray-gmos...te-debate/

I suggest the discussion begins at the juncture of BioDirect treatments applied with existing contrail technology on bio-engineered corn crops in Hawaii...
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Monsanto earnings fall 34% after a year of global protests | Business ...
www.theguardian.com › Business › Food & drink industry
Jan 7, 2015 - A woman participates in a protest against transgenic corn last year in Mexico City , Mexico. Monsanto announced that its first-quarter earnings ...

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015...ified-food

Monsanto Profits Fall Another 15% In April | Natural Society
naturalsociety.com/monsanto-profits-fall-another-15-in-april/
Apr 10, 2015 - Monsanto is continuing to lose profits into the second quarter of 2015, shedding an exceptional 15% profit amid falling GMO seed sales.

http://naturalsociety.com/monsanto-profi...-in-april/

quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Monsanto has a new product, a sprayable GMO called BioDirect:

[i]BioDirect contains a mechanism called RNA interference, which allows farmers or scientists to temporarily “turn off” the activity of any gene. The spray can be configured for any number of uses, depending on the needs of and threats to the crop. Monsanto’s chief technology officer Robb Fraley told MIT Technology Review that BioDirect will “open up a whole new way to use biotechnology” that “doesn’t have the same stigma, the same intensive regulatory studies and cost that we would normally associate with GMOs.-

https://thrivemarket.com/blog/spray-gmos...te-debate/

I suggest the discussion begins at the juncture of BioDirect treatments applied with existing contrail technology on bio-engineered corn crops in Hawaii...

I suggest calling "contrail technology" , what it is actually called, and that of course would be geo - engineering , which has been ongoing for quite awhile now,
HOTPE,

This is still in the pipeline, RNAi sprays are not yet commercially available, nor have they yet been conclusivey accessed in a regulatory sense.