Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your times ..

Nice One!
It is always about one hour from the intersection at Komohana to the other end of Saddle. If you turn left, The airport is another 30 minutes. It doesn't seem to matter if it is foggy (and I drive well under the speed) or not, it all evens out ( I've gotten a speeding ticket up there so I am not speeding--much)
My husband and I arrived yesterday with three cats in tow. It took us 2 hours from the Kona airport to the Hilo Walmart with one short 'nature calls' stop.
Aloha and Welcome to the jungle SCTH. That is a pretty average time(2 hours) for that drive between our Airports.
FYI... If you turn left off Saddle Road on 190 toward Kona...beware they are working on the road about 10 miles down. Only one lane open for a good stretch until construction finished in March and they say to expect delays of up to 30 minutes. Might be faster to take the road down to Waikaloa and then to Kona
quote:
Might be faster to take the road down to Waikaloa and then to Kona

Thanks for that intel.. going tomorrow..

Work..Consume...Obey - There's your meaning of life....
On average, via Saddle Road, about 2 hours to the Kohala beaches and 2.5 hours to Airport/Kona. Tom K. - we do have to 'time it' to be sure and make our flights back home.

We have enjoyed the "old-fashioned" way, though, through the Hamakua Coast, stop at Waimea grocery store for good grinds for the beach, then on to Kona side. The evolving change in landscape, the ocean views, it's all so beautiful each time we drive it.

Worth the 'extra time' when we're not trying to catch a plane!