Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roundup (cancer causing substance) cases underway
Monsanto is now owned by Bayer

A guy downtown told me everything is ultimately owned by the Vatican.
With regard to the odor of glyphosate I would offer that CO has no odor but car exhaust does and they are strongly associated. I can see room for an argument.

I still am troubled by the bias against glyphosate given that the standard way we judge such things, the results of scientific testing agencies, does not support the argument that glyphosate is a significant cancer risk. Literally nothing has changed except that there have been judgements in civil court. How am I supposed to care about that when it means I would have to find the more worthy testing agencies flat out wrong? How can you approve of the recent fad of blaming roundup without invalidating virtually all of the testing done to date by all the agencies that have tested gyphosate and not found a statistically significant cancer risk? I mean ALL the testing they have done, not just on glyphosate because if their glyphosate results are meaningless then so must be all of their results.

Kind of like your mom calling you a son of a b***h.
not found a statistically significant cancer risk?

More silliness MarkP? No significant cancer risk? Are you sure?

Common weed killer glyphosate increases cancer risk by 41% study says:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/health/us...index.html

"Glyphosate, an herbicide that remains the world's most ubiquitous weed killer, raises the cancer risk of those exposed to it by 41%, a new analysis says.

Researchers from the University of Washington evaluated existing studies into the chemical -- found in weed killers including Monsanto's popular Roundup -- and concluded that it significantly increases the risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), a cancer of the immune system.

"All of the meta-analyses conducted to date, including our own, consistently report the same key finding: exposure to GBHs (glyphosate-based herbicides) are associated with an increased risk of NHL," the authors wrote in a study published in the journal Mutation Research."

Or maybe you'd like this one...

ATSDR Report Confirms Glyphosate Cancer Risks:

https://www.nrdc.org/experts/jennifer-sa...ncer-risks

"EPA Official Once Tried to Kill It, But the Nearly-Dead ATSDR Report Returns to Haunt Monsanto and Bayer

This week a public health agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), released the long-awaited Draft Toxicological Profile for Glyphosate. And, it supports and strengthens the 2015 cancer assessment of another health agency, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).

For many years, glyphosate—more widely known under its trade name, Roundup—has been the world’s most widely used herbicide. GMO products from Monsanto—now owned by Bayer—like Roundup-Ready corn, soybeans, wheat, and cotton are specifically designed to be grown using glyphosate-based herbicides, which has driven its use and sales to about 300 million pounds annually in the US, with about 90% of that on farm fields, and about 10% on non-agriculture uses like lawns, gardens, golf courses, and parks and playgrounds.

According to documents made public during court proceedings, the EPA Pesticide Office worked with Monsanto to hold back this ATSDR report for several years while it promoted its “no cancer risk” position.

In April 2015, now-retired EPA Pesticide Office official, Jess Rowland told Monsanto’s Dan Jenkins, “If I can kill this I should get a medal”, according to internal Monsanto emails that have now been made public. Jenkins subsequently emailed his Monsanto colleagues: “I doubt EPA and Jess can kill this; but it’s good to know they are going to actually make the effort now to coordinate due to our pressing and their shared concern that ATSDR is consistent in its conclusions w EPA.”"

Do you want more MarkP?

Common weed killer glyphosate increases cancer risk by 41% study says:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/health/us...index.html

From your link, the study was:
Focusing on data relating to people with the "highest exposure" to the herbicide,

Additional items from the the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC, mentioned in your link:
However, IARC (International Agency for Research on Cancer) places glyphosate in group 2A, which means ‘probably carcinogenic to humans’.“

The IARC list also includes:
red meat, indoor emissions from burning wood, high-temperature frying and late-night work shifts. “Processed meat, all alcoholic beverages, sunlight, engine exhaust and outdoor pollution.”
https://countryfolks.com/glyphosate-red-...ning-wood/
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
As noted in my post above, the link between cancer and glyphosate is on data for people with the highest exposure. That would include those who work with the product on a regular, repeated basis, not the average homeowner, or someone driving down the highway when County workers are spraying.

Consider this, in your daily or weekly routine are you more likely to be exposed to glyphosate, or household cleaning products? All of the following are carcinogenic:

* Air Fresheners
* Cleaning products
* Dryer sheets
* Food dye
* Pet flea collars
* Facial moisturizers
* Laundry detergent
* Nail polish
* Incense and candles

https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fitnes...gens.html/

Should these products be banned for everyone in order to protect those who receive the highest exposure? Imagine the cumulative affect on people who regularly use high levels of all the products listed.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Focusing on data relating to people with the "highest exposure"

Because people who work with poison can't be expected to wear enough protective gear, the rest of us must now pay more for everything?

What happens when the exhaust from two-stroke gas-powered string-trimmers turns out to be carcinogenic?
quote:
Originally posted by SBH

Someone please spray some Roundup on this thread so it will die..

I sprayed Roundup on this thread on page 18, and yet it keeps coming back. It did however eliminate Open-d.
Roundup, especially diluted Roundup has no smell

HOTPE we had this discussion a long time ago. I can dig it up from the vault where you said Roundup has no smell and I said your sniffer must be broken. Or malfunctioning. It most certainly has a smell. Even diluted. Just because you cannot smell it doesn't mean it has no smell.

And for other proponents of the weed killer, just because you believe it is safe that doesn't make it so.

If roundup is so safe why does it kill small fish when you spray it around a pond? Most of the regulars here posting on this topic are in a state of denial. Making stupid comments and jokes about tinfoil hats.
I said your sniffer must be broken.

Roundup comes in many formulations. With or without a spreader or surfactant, with or without a sticker so it won’t wash off in the rain. There’s a mixture that wilts leaves quickly for homeowners who want to see it work fast. Glyphosate is also available from manufacturers other than Monsanto/Bayer, and they all have their mixtures and blends.

Glyphosate without anything else mixed in has no smell, or very little.
just because you believe it is safe that doesn't make it so

Nor do I need to take responsibility for my actions or even think for myself.