Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French Polynesia - Safety in Isolation, Maybe?
Just looked at the JH map.
Was surprised by the big red dot in the area of French Polynesia.
I HOPE it is an error on the part of those that update the map.

Like Hawaii and other Pacific Island locations they have had relatively low numbers of infections.
I hadn't actually checked on them for a day or two.
French Polynesia has a population of near 276k.
JH is now showing them with 19k Confirmed Cases.
If it isn't a goof up, Kim must be running things down there too.
If it's real, its scary.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.

very impressive - may well be real, if they haven't been reporting until now, or testing until now, that could be the true situation. just looked again at France on the COVID map - no illness no deaths listed... Probably is a data entry error...
https://ncov2019.live/

Says France has 19K confirmed cases. French Polynesia has 18 cases.
French Polynesian Covid-19 cases climb to 23

https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/paci...limb-to-23
French Polynesia's "overseas collectivity" status technically makes it part of the Republic of France, and that's probably where the 19K figure came from.
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

French Polynesia's "overseas collectivity" status technically makes it part of the Republic of France, and that's probably where the 19K figure came from.

I think somebody goofed - the map has changed since I looked at it a few hours ago - then it had no cases in France and many thousands of cases in French Polynesia...

Actually, I wish they had the ability to plot the increases for each location that they are reporting for... but this is a handy site nonetheless.
Just looked at JH again.
FP is down to 23 confirmed cases.
That sounds a bit more realistic.

They've dropped the China, log, and recoveries graphs.
Only the world wide infections graph is left, and looks to be headed for the moon.
Probably 400k infections by morning and no sign of the number of new cases decreasing yet.
There were 45.1k new cases the day before yesterday.
They will probably continue to increase in numbers each day for a while.
I hope that graph's rise breaks soon, not very likely though.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.