Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
Numbers from Carey -

"A total of 131 new cases were identified on the Big Island Thursday"

"10% of this weeks reported will have been hospitalized & ~1% will have died)..."

For those without access to a calculator - that's 13 people hospitalized and less than one person dying.

Still no data on the risk background of the hospitalized or potentially deceased.

In review, 1% of people infected with Covid on the Big Island have passed away. Or 0.02% of the entire island.

Without any knowledge of the medical background of those 58 souls, may they rest in peace, the public has not been given enough data to make an informed decision.

P.S. Carey, you mentioned "younger" patients in your last post. Would you please define "younger"?
UMMMMMMM Aaron, your "calculator" is a wee bit off... as ~1% of 131 is more that your calculated " less than one person dying" as you calculated in post #23!!!!! (In population statistics, 1.31 is far greater than <1)
& one must remember that has been the AVERAGE that COVID seems to take....
As to "P.S. Carey, you mentioned "younger" patients in your last post. Would you please define "younger"?"
I guess you missed the "those who need to see it" link in my post - #22!!!
Since there isn't 0.31 of a person, 1 death is essentially what your math equates to.

Your provided link qualifies "younger" as "under 50". As much as under 50 is younger than over 50, using the term younger leaves a lot of room for ambiguity.

I will repeat - Still no data on the risk background of the hospitalized or the deceased. What role these patients preexisting conditions or risk factors played in their outcome is crucial information.
(08-06-2021, 04:37 AM)AaronM Wrote: How many of those 21 have preexisting conditions?

What's with preexisting conditions? Do you lose points if you have 'em? How many points off does purple polkadots get you? Really, I don't understand. Even a goldfish has preexisting conditions. For god's sake, they live in a frickin' bowl!

As far as I know, preexisting conditions means if covid comes a knockin, and you ain't vaccinated, you're doubly screwed. Ain't that enough? No? Now you're suggesting what? Something like, no need cry a tear for auntie, she was old already?

It seems to mean you're trying to minimize the value of life. Is that your intent? Mine's less valuable than your's because I have a hangnail? If not, what's your point? And besides, who do you know that DOESN'T have a preexisting condition?

This in so many ways reminds me of all the ways those that believe in the orange moron use false equivalencies to obfuscate their bankruptcy. Why are you trying to minimize a pandemic?
MM - It would appear that you have a fundamental lack of understanding of what a preexisting condition is and how having one would impact the effect of the covid virus.

By refusing to disclose the data on that impact for hospitalized or deceased patients, the government and by extension the healthcare industry is disingenuous and obfuscatory.

The covid vaccine is being sold as one size fits all but if you don't find yourself in any high risk category and have no presexisting conditions then it's not.

I understand your emotional response, it's an emotional subject.
(08-06-2021, 05:51 PM)AaronM Wrote: By refusing to disclose the data on that impact for hospitalized or deceased patients, the government and by extension the healthcare industry is disingenuous and obfuscatory.

The covid vaccine is being sold as one size fits all but if you don't find yourself in any high risk category and have no presexisting conditions then it's not.

Too bad you have no idea how to do a scholarly search, I am sure it has something to do with your math skill, as your answer in post 25 "Since there isn't 0.31 of a person, 1 death is essentially what your math equates to.", contradicts your own earlier calculation in post #22 "less than one person dying."

Here is just one, of many, scholarly papers that gives evidence that refutes your mis-informed supposition that there "is no data", it is just data that you have not learned how to find!
https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/72/5/e162/6017811
(08-06-2021, 05:59 PM)Carey Wrote: Too bad you have no idea how to do a scholarly search...

The ultimate preexisting condition, a poor education.
the government and by extension the healthcare industry is disingenuous and obfuscatory

This has always been the case. They're just getting away with more of it due to the "emergency".
Well, since we are venturing into snippy territory - I would posit that comprehension is a skill that you need to work on. 

As I am very clearly asking for the data on the preexisting or underlying conditions of the individuals who have been hospitalized or have deceased due to covid and yet the paper that you sent examines patients who did NOT have any preexisting or underlying conditions.

Furthermore, you have sent me a woefully inadequate paper that looks at a 6-month period from 03/2020 to 08/2020 of only 44,000 patients from a handful of mainland States.  Of those 44,000 patients, only 3700 of them had medical chart abstractions completed and of those 3700, only 513 (with an interquartile age range of 30-44) had no 'preexisting conditions'.  

I put preexisting conditions in quotes because the only ones that this study included were patients who were pregnant, who smoked or who were healthcare workers.  Since I am not pregnant, I don't smoke and I'm not a healthcare worker, these statistics do little to impact my vaccination decision.

Next time you send me scholarly data; would you please send me what I am asking for?  Specifically, what were the preexisting or underlying conditions of the covid patients who have been hospitalized or who have deceased due to covid. 

To get right to the point and to keep it local, how about the data for the 58 covid fatalities in the County and/or the 535 covid fatalities in the State?
Aaron, give you data & still you complain...
So I will give you the one point in the discussion that HIGHLIGHTS the most common pre-existing condition
" In our analysis, we found that approximately 74% of adults aged 18–49 years without underlying conditions who were hospitalized with COVID-19 were males. "
https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/72/5/e162/6017811