Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
They're still "mulling", "eyeing" and/'or "weighing" the next lockdown, which will be implemented based on metrics that Ige is "considering".
So many people are out there "doing their own research". Here's my research: Fauci has decades worth of cred and he says get the vax. A motley assortment of conspiracy nuts and Karens say don't.

Hmmm... Who to believe....
(08-20-2021, 03:25 PM)MarkP Wrote: So many people are out there "doing their own research".  Here's my research:  Fauci has decades worth of cred and he says get the vax.  A motley assortment of conspiracy nuts and Karens say don't.

Hmmm...  Who to believe....
The vaccines protect very well against serious illness and death.  At this point, I don't favor punishing everyone just because a minority of people aren't getting vaccinated.  If they get sick, it's on THEM. So, the vaccinated can spread to unvaccinated.  So what? They're asking for it.

Sure, this will inevitably affect some immune compromised folks and presents a greater burden on health providers.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way around that. You would think that the anti vaxxers would recognize this and do their part, but NO!  The alternative is pissing EVERYONE off with restrictions.
By Corryn Wetzel
smithsonianmag.com
August 17, 2021
New research shows that smoke from last year’s unprecedented wildfire season in the western United States may have contributed to more than 19,000 Covid-19 cases and 700 deaths. The study, which is the first to quantify the link between small particulate matter from wildlife smoke and excess Covid-19 cases and deaths, was published Friday in Science Advances
I thought smoke particles were toxic?
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
 I don't favor punishing everyone just because a minority of people aren't getting vaccinated.  If they get sick, it's on THEM.

That approach is slowly taking effect - - Kaiser no longer covers COVID expenses for many members, which mostly affects the unvaccinated.  Some states with full ICU’s have started using an unvaccinated status in their triage procedure.  People without vaccinations are moved to the end of the line when space is limited.

Hopefully this continues and people are allowed to live, and possibly die with their poorly informed decisions.  They can always hope “that one guy who is an anti-vaxxer dermatologist” on Facebook will send them a tube of anti-fungal cream and chip in for their out of pocket expenses.
(08-20-2021, 03:25 PM)MarkP Wrote: So many people are out there "doing their own research".  Here's my research:  Fauci has decades worth of cred and he says get the vax.  A motley assortment of conspiracy nuts and Karens say don't.

Hmmm...  Who to believe....
I agree.  It's really simple.  I think some people just enjoy making trouble.  And their targets are the gullible and uneducated who can't tell the nuts from the regular folk.
(08-19-2021, 06:41 PM)kander Wrote: The FDA is not going throw away years of safety methodology for an experimental injection without the years of safety data.

From.. https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/20/health/pf...index.html

Full FDA approval of Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine is 'imminent, senior federal official says

Full US Food and Drug Administration approval of the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine is "imminent," a senior federal official told CNN on Friday -- but said no date has been mentioned. 

A person familiar with plan told CNN the decision is expected early next week, and a Biden administration official said approval of the two-dose vaccine "could be as early as Monday."

Maybe that'll help kander and his friends see the error in their assumptions. One can hope, right?
Expect a lawsuit against FDA right after the approval is issued, on the grounds that FDA clearly circumvented their own requirements in order to reach full approval this quickly. I'm sure there are already lawyers working on it.
(08-20-2021, 01:09 AM)AaronM Wrote: If you haven't noticed, Lockdown 2.0 is beginning.

Because the hospitals are being filled with the unvaccinated, which ultimately causes worse outcomes for everyone.

Again, punching yourself in the face.