Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
The 65% in Puna who are not vaccinated, explaining themselves to the 35% vaccinated.

(08-20-2021, 10:59 PM)kalakoa Wrote: Expect a lawsuit against FDA right after the approval is issued, on the grounds that FDA clearly circumvented their own requirements in order to reach full approval this quickly. I'm sure there are already lawyers working on it.
Not true.   https://www.statnews.com/2021/07/30/fda-...-approval/
(08-21-2021, 03:39 PM)kander Wrote: (deleted by moderator)
Fwiw.
My "authentic self" cares about other people, and is willing to understand the nuance and temporary nature of the sacrifices we are making for each other. Though he speaks of awareness, he talks about "personal choices" as if we are not all connected and affecting each other. IMO he is not enlightened.

I'm not worried about myself or our economy, I'm worried about people that will suffer or die needlessly, directly and indirectly.

"a breast cancer patient whose mastectomy was been delayed because a hospital doesn’t “have an ICU bed for her recovery,” and a 74-year-old man he treated for a heart attack last weekend, fully vaccinated and COVID-free, who was forced to wait hours to be flown to The Queen’s Medical Center."

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/202...thers/amp/
Why can't we have Ivermectin?

Was a question from earlier in this thread.
Answer from health officials:

Mississippi health officials are warning residents against using ivermectin, a horse dewormer medication, to treat COVID-19 infections at home amid a spike in poisoning calls to the Mississippi Poison Control Center.
The Mississippi Department of Health sent a letter out to to the MS Health Alert Network on Friday warning health professionals of the spike in poisonings from individuals digesting ivermectin. 

“At least 70% of the recent calls have been related to ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers,” the letter stated.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch...amid-spike
(08-21-2021, 06:37 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Why can't we have Ivermectin?

Was a question from earlier in this thread.
Answer from health officials:

Mississippi health officials are warning residents against using ivermectin, a horse dewormer medication, to treat COVID-19 infections at home amid a spike in poisoning calls to the Mississippi Poison Control Center.
The Mississippi Department of Health sent a letter out to to the MS Health Alert Network on Friday warning health professionals of the spike in poisonings from individuals digesting ivermectin. 

“At least 70% of the recent calls have been related to ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers,” the letter stated.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch...amid-spike

I was asking about the people kind, not the horse de-wormer.  I do understand why this clarification is necessary though.
Here are a few excerpts from the links you provided, keeping in mind that most are talking about animal de-wormer:
The Mississippi Poison Control Center has received an increasing number of calls from individuals with potential ivermectin exposure taken to treat or prevent COVID-19 infection.
(Very vague, so read on)

At least 70% of the recent calls have been related to ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers.
(Still vague, 70% of what number? Also, from this I cannot tell whether the other 30% is referring to reports of other poisons, or non-animal formulations or if they are animal formulations that were purchased in other than livestock supply centers, i.e., perhaps online?)

85% of the callers had mild symptoms, but one individual was instructed to seek further evaluation due to the amount of ivermectin reportedly ingested.
(Does the one individual who was instructed to seek further evaluation represent the other 15%?  While this might give an indication of the sample size, the math doesn't work out.  And, "due to the amount"....why is an overdose of horse de-wormer relevant to people IVM being prescribed for covid?)

No hospitalizations due to ivermectin toxicity have been directly reported to the Mississippi Poison Control Center or the Mississippi State Department of Health.
(Again, we're talking about animal de-wormer, and still there were no hospitalizations from it, not even the suspected overdose.)

There are approved uses for ivermectin in both people and animals.
(Yes.  Why are discussing horse de-wormer again?)

If you go to this site:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/

You will find everything you need to know about Ivermectin intended for human use.  Some highlights:

3.7 billion doses have been given over the last 40 years with very minimal side effects.

In 2015 a Nobel Prize was given for it's discovery.

Meta-analysis of 63 trials, 31 randomized controlled trials.

And check out the results of it's use in other countries.  Uttar Pradesh and Delhi, India are good places to start.
Vaccine - Bad
Ivermectin - Good

WTF?

Next thing you know, people will be taking their dogs flea & tick medication.
Every option should be fairly investigated, regardless of who championed it etc. But why wait to get sick, or *try to* self-medicate, if there's a safe and effective vaccine? There are probably a few people intolerant to ivermectin, same as the vaccines. Better to take either under supervision of medical staff.
I was asking about the people kind, not the horse de-wormer.  I do understand why this clarification is necessary

I would point out that due to the kind of rampant non-specific, vague, and “that one guy on Facebook” advice people spread around, the information about Ivermectin is not what it starts out to be.

So you have a number of people who refuse to take the advice of doctors, the CDC and a precisely measured dose of COVID vaccine. But they will drive to the local feed store, buy livestock Ivernectin, and self medicate with a dose intended for a 1200 pound cow.

Let’s encourage more of that?  Because that’s the reality of where we are right now.

As far as I recall, people didn’t concoct their own smallpox and polio vaccines in the 1950’s from feed stores and veterinarians.  
A 16 minute video that's really worthwhile IMO, regarding vaccines and turning the pandemic into an endemic virus. This doctor is so entertaining and informative the time just flies by. At least, it did for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDRjIuC2eZE
My question was "why can't we have Ivermectin".

The condensed cumulative answer appears to be "because it's a horse de-wormer".

Is that correct?