Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Covid variant named Mu
I'd prefer to exercise life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
(09-10-2021, 11:58 PM)AaronM Wrote: I'd prefer to exercise life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I'm a bit confused about why you've been consistently downplaying the seriousness of Covid but now are exaggerating the threat of Mu variant.  What's the objective here?
Denmark has lifted the last of their COVID restrictions. 
That news item could have been Hawaii if we had acted as their citizens did and got ourselves vaccinated, wore masks, etc.
Denmark, not East Hawaii is back to normal.

At least someone in the world gets to “exercise life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”
Also, none of the crazy anti-vaxxer claims have occurred in Denmark. 
False claims keep us from making the best possible decision for ourselves and our community.  And prevent us from getting back to normal.
75-80% of Denmark is vaccinated.

Meaning that 20-25% were able to exercise their freedom of choice and that country was still able to lift their Covid restrictions.
Meaning that 20-25% were able to exercise their freedom of choice

On vaccinations.
They followed all the other protocols which is what allowed them to get back to normal.
The problem is when some citizens go 100% feral and refuse to follow any rules, even those that benefit them, like here in Puna.  
So you aren't acknowledging the vaccination numbers or are you saying that they don't matter?
(09-11-2021, 05:10 AM)AaronM Wrote: So you aren't acknowledging the vaccination numbers or are you saying that they don't matter?

I'm sure HOTPE will respond, but once again you choose the route of the straw man. I hope one day you understand the futility of using fallacies but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.
(09-11-2021, 01:52 AM)AaronM Wrote: 75-80% of Denmark is vaccinated. 

Meaning that 20-25% were able to exercise their freedom of choice and that country was still able to lift their Covid restrictions.
 100% were able to exercise their freedom of choice, just a lot more have made the responsible choice compared to most other countries with access to vaccines. Almost 90% of adults vaccinated there.

To get Covid numbers down to an acceptable level, they probably followed public health guidelines with regard to masking, distancing, gatherings and so forth a lot better than in U.S too.
As of yesterday in Denmark: "More than 80% of people above the age of 12 in the Scandinavian country have had the two shots".

I guess more people there chose to take the vaccines and follow restrictions, and now they are more free than us and don't have to worry about overflowing hospitals. Geeze, maybe more people here should choose to take the vaccines!
So you aren't acknowledging the vaccination numbers

I do acknowledge the numbers.  Most governments set a goal for a 70% vaccination rate.  That number was expected to minimize the spread of COVID as well as bring transmission to a controlled level with masks and social distancing.  Denmark hit an 80% vaccination rate, and now as Durian Fiend pointed out 100% of the country can exercise their freedom of choice.