Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
The days of Facebook are numbered.

Correct: Facebook is rebranding as Meta, which will be a whole new thing.
I got a chuckle that a man named Zuckerberg would name his company 'Dead'.

Maybe he knows something that we don't...
(11-02-2021, 05:48 PM)My 2 cents Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 03:58 PM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 10:43 AM)My 2 cents Wrote: ...I can hope that he’s wrong without minimizing his career.
Apparently Dr. Malone got Covid, was suffering from long haul symptoms and decided to see if vaccine would alleviate them.  No such luck

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arch...ic/619734/

As I've said before, I don't do Facebook.  Never have, never will.  But some people do get their information there.

From the article:

"The Atlantic’s COVID-19 coverage is supported by grants from the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation."

In case you were wondering...

Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is an organization established and owned by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan with an investment of 99 percent of the couple's wealth from their Facebook shares over their lifetime. The CZI is set up as a limited liability company and is an example of philanthrocapitalism.Wikipedia
Type:LLC
FoundedBig Grinecember 1, 2015
FoundersTongueriscilla Chan, Mark Zuckerberg
But reading a publication that’s partly funded by a grant doesn’t support the grantor. 

I don’t care for Rupert Murdoch yet still enjoy National Geographic articles, an action that does support Murdoch.
Vaccinate the deer.
It's not clear whether vaccinated or unvaccinated deer can spread COVID to humans, but it is certain they are carriers and potential sources of mutation.
Fortunately, government officials on Big Island had the foresight to eradicate a growing population of the four legged disease ridden creatures here some years ago when an idiot avid sportsman flew several axis deer to Hawaii Island from Maui on a helicopter.

A new study of the Iowa white tail deer population reveals that humans gave the animals a dozen variations of the coronavirus in 2020 and 2021, causing asymptomatic infections that the animals then spread rapidly amongst themselves.

While previous research had reported 40% of deer studied had been exposed to the coronavirus, the new findings are the first to document human-to-animal infection in the wild.

Deer-to-human transmission has not been established.
"I think what's the highlight of this research is that this is a free-ranging animal we don't have reason to suspect has any intimate human contact*," said Rachel Ruden, a coauthor of the paper and member of the Iowa State College of Veterinary Medicine. "But they're still getting this infection."

https://www.pinejournal.com/newsmd/coron...19-to-deer

* if intimate human contact is discovered, deer to human COVID transmission might not be our biggest problem
(11-02-2021, 10:43 AM)My 2 cents Wrote: A few pages back I asked what or who qualifies as a credible source of information.  It seemed like a logical question, but I got nothing.  Not a single response.

Would that be the Chunky Monkey post? Perhaps you mean the one where you asked a question and then said:

"I'm not really asking a question here, just expressing an opinion and curious if anyone else sees it this way."

If you're not asking a question it's not that surprising you didn't get any answers.
(10-11-2021, 02:54 AM)My 2 cents Wrote: Aloha JayLHpp, welcome to Punaweb.

There are 2 items that you bring up that I would like to explore further.  The rest of it I will stay far, far away from.  There will be plenty of other recruits for that.

"Lancet, national library of medicine, fairly credible right?"

Brings up the question, what, or WHO are  the credible sources?  Likely a matter of opinion, but I would like to know what those opinions are.  From anyone, not necessarily from you Jay.

"jab that is dividing this country."

We've been seeing the division develop for decades across the country, mostly politically, but that topic is taboo around here (thankfully).  But the vaccine debate has pushed the division deep into our community, right down to the family level.  I see this as potentially more dangerous than the virus or the jab. 

I'm not really asking a question here, just expressing an opinion and curious if anyone else sees it this way.

So you obviously read it, but you confused my final statement of part 2 to apply it to part 1.  

Here's a clue:  My question is the sentence that I wrote that is punctuated with a question mark.

I hope this clears things up for you and we can look forward to your kind and thoughtful answer to the question.
Well, perhaps no one is interested in responding to you? You end your post asking if anyone sees it this way and no one responded. You got your answer.
(11-05-2021, 09:50 AM)TomK Wrote: Well, perhaps no one is interested in responding to you? You end your post asking if anyone sees it this way and no one responded. You got your answer.

Actually, Kalakoa, 8fingers and AaronM all responded to that.

You are still confusing part 1 with part 2 even after I explained it to you.

But, as to part 1 and the question on credible sources, it seems that Kander is the only one here who has enough confidence in his/her sources to share them.
Maybe skip the nitpicking about who is right about what, and start accepting practical reality.

Vaccination seems to be working. It's the best tool we have. Nobody is forced to get it. We are living under restrictions and mandates for the foreseeable future, and the longer we argue about vaccination, the more likely the restrictions will become permanent.

Welcome to the new world order.
start accepting practical reality.

Some people prefer conspiracy theories.  Practical reality doesn’t generate enough adrenaline and bile to lure them out of bed in the morning.  They pace and churn all day between the radio room, the TV room, and computer room.  Some more efficient theorists combine all three in one place, plus fridge, which is probably why most conspiracy theories end up making no sense.  Often even less than no sense.