Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
Mainlanders are getting wind of a possible end to Safe Travels, so I'd say it's a "safe" bet that it will indeed be expiring in April.

"Hawaii’s strict travel program for domestic visitors may be a piece of pandemic history by the spring, the state’s lieutenant governor said Tuesday."

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-worl...by-spring/

Lt. Gov. Josh Green said in a phone interview that discussions are ongoing about eliminating all restrictions on travel in the coming months — barring any more COVID surges.

“I would expect those restrictions to begin to fall away in the spring,” he said. “But one thing we’ve learned about COVID is it does sometimes throw one a curveball. People didn’t really predict a highly, highly contagious omicron variant; otherwise we would have already been there.”
Notice how all the "Safe Travels going away" articles are in non-Hawaii papers.
(02-09-2022, 06:57 PM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 04:29 PM)eightfingers2.0 Wrote: So has this covid/vaccine thing caused people to be argumentative and mean or has it just exposed those traits that have been there all along?

Been there all along...it's been getting worse since face to face communication has decreased.  It's so easy to type and send as opposed to saying something unpleasant, rude and/or argumentative to someone's face.

My experience has been that face to face interactions have deteriorated as well. It's like people have no manners anymore.
Most things we argued about in the past were not nearly as consequential. Also, with all the corruption and mistrust in this country, and the squeezing of the working class, no one has time to think of civic duty and their fellow man. It's all "me me me".
So has this covid/vaccine thing caused people to be argumentative... 

A few more posts & replies about this and we’ll need to start it’s own thread.
So we can dedicate a space to argue over whether we are in fact more argumentative, or not, and what may have caused or contributed to the problem.
Social media, where people post anonymously or under pseudonyms (ahem). Itʻs easier to be cruel if you know there will be no repercussions.
Certainty will be the death of us.
(02-09-2022, 09:43 PM)randomq Wrote: Most things we argued about in the past were not nearly as consequential. Also, with all the corruption and mistrust in this country, and the squeezing of the working class, no one has time to think of civic duty and their fellow man. It's all "me me me".
Without sounding too rude, speak for yourself. your one of the most nasty people on this forum. Especially to anyone who is actually trying to warn people of the risks they might be taking. They say hey, this does not look good. Please dont jump off the cliff and your out in the isles chanting "Jump F***ers!"
HOTPE, Smile
anyone who is actually trying to warn people of the risks they might be taking

I talk to my doctor about that kind of stuff.
Silly you. I only trust Bozos on the internet when it comes to decisions about my health.