Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations
(08-06-2024, 07:08 PM)HiloJulie Wrote:
(08-06-2024, 06:53 PM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote: Or the paranoia exhibited by those obsessed with others being in invisible mode, or how quickly they respond to posts?

Careful Ms. Wao. You’re starting to sound like a former little birdie who also specialized in airport parking. 

And speaking of the “invisible mode” I wonder who the 2 “invisible users” just might be who generally lurk here on PunaWeb 18 to 20 hours a day?!?

One would think with that amount of spare time, one could finish off his website of pictures?

One more thing. I think Ironyak beats me hands down on the speed of his replies far better than I ever could!

"we live in America and I will post here and there and everywhere I desire"
Wahine

Lead by example
(08-06-2024, 07:16 PM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote: "we live in America and I will post here and there and everywhere I desire"

WOW! Such a quick reply! And as for quoting me:

(08-06-2024, 07:20 PM)HiloJulie Wrote:
(08-06-2024, 07:16 PM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote: "we live in America and I will post here and there and everywhere I desire"

WOW! Such a quick reply! And as for quoting me:

Which makes one wonder why you had an issue with my post pointing out someone else who might have some paranoia.
Wahine

Lead by example
(08-06-2024, 05:11 PM)Chas Wrote: So then why would you even say that you wrote a book and go on and on about the content? Then say to people, "you figure it out"?

BTW, I invented pants.

Agreed, it's weird behavior. People write books so others can read them, so why not tell others the titles of their books? It makes no sense. If you don't want your identity known, you can use a pseudonym for the author's name; many famous authors have done that, and I'm sure less well-known authors have done the same. How can you justify someone saying, "Read my book," and then not saying what the book is?
(08-07-2024, 07:20 AM)TomK Wrote: Agreed, it's weird behavior..

The thing is Tom, you’re the one that doesn’t understand what’s happening around you. And yet, you are the one that tells others if they don't act like you, if they don't think like you, they are somehow wrong. When in fact nobody is wrong, just different, and your need to suggest they are wrong makes you the one that has no idea what’s happening around you. Makes you the class clown, the village idiot, the babbling fool. You and your citadels to your god desecrating the sacred, telling others to go f*ck themselves when they don’t bow to your self proclaimed superiority.. yep Tom, you’re the one that brings disgrace and shame…

And you want someone to ‘tell’ you? To meet your expectations, to behave according to your ideas? What about their ideas? What about their ways? Why aren’t you willing to allow others the curtesy you demand of them when you insist they bend to you? I have pointed this out, ad nauseam, and still you insist that every peg whether round or square, or otherwise, fit in your hole.. and I am sorry, it don't work that way. 

You know, the guy/gal that wrote my third book is the one that single handedly wrote, who created the digital tools we use in modern day seismology. He wrote CUSP, and before that CEDAR. Literally Tom, he was genius far beyond anything you’ve ever encountered. And still when after coming to Hawaii to initially test and implement CUSP, he took a job at UH Hilo, and was a teacher for a number of years in the geology department there. During those years, and while we were working on the book we created together, we’d spend a lot of time in my hot tub, and one evening he observed that several of his students were not doing well and it concerned him greatly.

When I asked, what people, what group was having this difficulty he said it was the Hawaiians. They didn’t ask questions, they weren’t engaged, and were falling behind. But when I pointed out that culturally Hawaiians don't learn to ask questions, but rather are taught when they want to know something to offer to help those that already know. If they want to know how to build a canoe they wouldn't go to classes and ask questions they go to a canoe builder and offer to help them build a canoe. Now, of course you could say whatever, today it's done blah blah blah, but this was then and this is the problem he encountered. And when I offered that to teach Hawaiians it is better to create hands on experiences than expect them to sit in a class and engage in question and answer sessions, he changed the way he taught his classes, created more field trips, brought in more physical examples and created other engagements, and years later observed that with this new modality the Hawaiians excelled far more than their white counterparts.

And, btw, she went on to write more seismic processing scripts, and writes about their evolution in her Evolution of Artificial Intelligence (AI) as applied to Seismic Event Associators.

The point is Tom, you’re in a world that don't think like you, that doesn’t feel like you, that processes data differently than you. And as long as you expect that we all are just like you, you miss the point entirely. You are Mr Jones.. and you have no idea what’s happening here.

So shut the f*ck up and listen once in a while, observe. And maybe, given time, you might get an inkling, a morsel of the richness that is Hawaii. Otherwise, no I don't feel like answering your make believe questions. In fact I find your passive aggressive tactics to be just more of you stunting around demanding the heathen bow to you nonsense. And, besides, stringing you along is fun. That’s how I see the world.. I am sorry you don’t. Oh well.
HiloJulie - I’m sure the years of self admitted LSD abuse has led to the extreme paranoia and schizophrenia MyMano clearly exhibits is a good point to make.
Oh lawdy, I do declare! A psychedelic drug user?! Here in Puna!?! What has the world come to?!?! Fetch the smelling salts, I've got a case of the vapors!!!!!

HiloJulie - And speaking of the “invisible mode” I wonder who the 2 “invisible users” just might be who generally lurk here on PunaWeb 18 to 20 hours a day?!?
Just when I think there's no way you actually live here and are trolling from a Honolulu highrise, you pullout the most bizarre paranoid conspiracy theories that shows you might actually be hitting the blue ice in the Acres. You really think people are spending 18 to 20 hours a day just staring at Punaweb waiting for the chance to reply? That's the most reasonable explanation you can come up with given the evidence? Obviously it must be the Jews monitoring your communications so they know when to fire the space laser and harvest your carbon.

Or maybe some people have Punaweb open in a tab on their phone or a computer that mostly stays on, and the site shows this as currently browsing? Sort of a "lights are on but nobody's home" situation, a state with which you should be intimately familiar.

Chas - So then why would you even say that you wrote a book and go on and on about the content?
I look at this as sort of an insider reference, or an inside joke. Like TomK, if I told him to stop being such a Bananahead, that would make sense to some people who've been around for awhile. There's a lot of subtext and meta-narrative going on in this thread that may not be clear for newer members or from a plain reading of the text. As Vitamin K says, some people "used" to be addicted to "crack", and people are free to value their time (or not) as they see fit, and determine if all this is worth the read (or not).
(08-07-2024, 06:09 PM)ironyak Wrote: HiloJulie - I’m sure the years of self admitted LSD abuse has led to the extreme paranoia and schizophrenia MyMano clearly exhibits is a good point to make.
Oh lawdy, I do declare! A psychedelic drug user?! Here in Puna!?! What has the world come to?!?! Fetch the smelling salts, I've got a case of the vapors!!!!!

HiloJulie - And speaking of the “invisible mode” I wonder who the 2 “invisible users” just might be who generally lurk here on PunaWeb 18 to 20 hours a day?!?
Just when I think there's no way you actually live here and are trolling from a Honolulu highrise, you pullout the most bizarre paranoid conspiracy theories that shows you might actually be hitting the blue ice in the Acres. You really think people are spending 18 to 20 hours a day just staring at Punaweb waiting for the chance to reply? That's the most reasonable explanation you can come up with given the evidence? Obviously it must be the Jews monitoring your communications so they know when to fire the space laser and harvest your carbon.

Or maybe some people have Punaweb open in a tab on their phone or a computer that mostly stays on, and the site shows this as currently browsing? Sort of a "lights are on but nobody's home" situation, a state with which you should be intimately familiar.

I’m quite sure that you are very well versed in psychedelic drug use as well as the blue ice. 

I’m also quite sure you’re always home, but constantly with the lights out.

And I especially love your cultural misappropriation of Jewish people. Speaks volumes about what it is you truly are.
But when I pointed out that culturally Hawaiians don't learn to ask questions, but rather are taught when they want to know something to offer to help those that already know.

This is also a technique used by Waldorf schools, like the one in HPP.  Even with math.  When students learn addition, multiplication, they toss a bean bag around the circle as they practice equations.  Hands on, physical movement can assist the learning process in the brain.

Question:
Did the culturally Hawaiian college geology students graduate from a standard high school learning environment,  where they presumably sat in a classroom for 12 years, teacher in front?  And receive good grades under that system, good enough to be accepted into college?  But then began to struggle in college?
"And I especially love your cultural misappropriation of Jewish people. Speaks volumes about what it is you truly are."

You brought up Jewish space lazers a while back in the nene thread. ( The thread where you fibbed about fixing a typo BEFORE I pointed it out to you. )  Now do you understand Ironyak's comment?
Wahine

Lead by example
(08-07-2024, 09:26 PM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote: "And I especially love your cultural misappropriation of Jewish people. Speaks volumes about what it is you truly are."

You brought up Jewish space lazers a while back in the nene thread. ( The thread where you fibbed about fixing a typo BEFORE I pointed it out to you. )  Now do you understand Ironyak's comment?

Of course I did. Not at all in the same context as yak yak yakity yak yak did, but you tried. Poorly, but you tried. 

Maybe if I was a man, I could say, “oh look, Ironyak’s bitch is barking again” 

But, I won’t stoop to being lower than whale shit as Ironyyak MyMano is. 

At any event, “try harder”