Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations
HiloJulie - Who said or even suggested that kids are taught on a school bus?
Do you really not remember anything you post? Can someone throw some RAM in this hand-me-down hardware clunker?

HiloJulie - And here we sit. In traffic. Just more proof that the education of our children is, as some PunaWeb posters would call, "3rd world."
The education of the students has nothing to do with bus service availability, which can be seen in various Strive Hi results.

Are buses a more efficient way to get all those kids to and from school, sure, but that would require paying what the market demands for drivers, and the landed gentry are already up in arms about taxes on their additional land holdings. I guess your driving inconvenience is going to be the cost instead. Always remember, you're not stuck in traffic, you are traffic.
(08-08-2024, 06:40 PM)ironyak Wrote: HiloJulie - Who said or even suggested that kids are taught on a school bus?
Do you really not remember anything you post? Can someone throw some RAM in this hand-me-down hardware clunker?

HiloJulie - And here we sit. In traffic. Just more proof that the education of our children is, as some PunaWeb posters would call, "3rd world."
The education of the students has nothing to do with bus service availability, which can be seen in various Strive Hi results.

Are busses a more efficient way to get all those kids to and from school, sure, but that would require paying what the market demands for drivers, and the landed gentry are already up in arms about taxes on their additional land holdings. I guess your driving inconvenience is going to be the cost instead. Always remember, you're not stuck in traffic, you are traffic.

Again, wasn’t you that went into a tirade about putting words in your mouth?

When kids can’t get to school, due to the total mismanagement of the transportation system of getting them to school, the education of our children suffers. 

I’m surprised that someone so self proclaimed of such high intelligence can’t see that correlation. 

And trust me, the kids are taking full advantage of the ineptness of this whole bus situation hands down.
Cheers Rob - question answered for now.
Sick just like our latest wannabe.. who doesn't seem to have an empathetic bone it its body. What a sad state of affairs. She's trashed this place.. what a waste..
------------
@MyManoa
You comment got me thinking that maybe HiloJulie is a former banned person...similar rants just like... KathyH?
similar rants just like... KathyH?

I don't remember Kathy as that biting, that sharp, or persistent. But she never used me as a target as I have more recently been. It's liberating to compose a post without having to consider what sort of response it's going to get.. thanks Rob.
I have thoroughly been enjoying the lack of animosity and vindictiveness.
Certainty will be the death of us.
(08-10-2024, 06:27 AM)kalianna Wrote: I have thoroughly been enjoying the lack of animosity and vindictiveness.

Agreed! This is like the old Punaweb!

Thank you, Rob.
Wahine

Lead by example
There's an article in today's Washington Post about a social media site in Vermont called Front Porch Forum that reminds me of what Punaweb was at one time: civil, informative, and very often funny. ( Sorry about not being able to provide a link, but if you search for it, many links come up. )
(08-10-2024, 05:38 PM)Punaperson Wrote: There's an article in today's Washington Post about a social media site in Vermont called Front Porch Forum that reminds me of what Punaweb was at one time:  civil, informative, and very often funny.  ( Sorry about not being able to provide a link, but if you search for it, many links come up. )

I'm just going to venture a guess that they don't allow trolls to have a months long reign of terror before taking corrective action.
I wish you all the best.
Punaperson - There's an article in today's Washington Post about a social media site in Vermont called Front Porch Forum that reminds me of what Punaweb was at one time:  civil, informative, and very often funny.  ( Sorry about not being able to provide a link, but if you search for it, many links come up. )

Sharing a bit of internet magic - you can add archive.is in front of many paywalled urls to get access via the Internet Archive. e.g.
Code:
https://archive.is/https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/08/10/front-porch-forum-vermont-research-new-public/
leads here.

Punatang - I'm just going to venture a guess that they don't allow trolls to have a months long reign of terror before taking corrective action.
From the article - "The secret to its success: move slowly and moderate heavily. [...] Twelve of its 30 full-time employees spend their days reading every user post before it’s published, rejecting any that break its rules against personal attacks, misinformation or spam. [...]  If you don’t set and strongly enforce rules for how people can talk to each other, things will get ugly in a hurry.[/i]

Wowza - high quality, high cost. Interesting and successful model (thanks for sharing!) but may be hard to replicate here, unless Rob starts charging for ads and/or deputizing a lot more moderators.