Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about dogs going in the other direction
Well, I most definitely have island fever. I spend my days plotting my escape. Problem is, my children love it here, so I have to be satisfied with a vacation off island. I want to take the dog. (small, cat-sized). If I take her off island, to the mainland or to any other country- will I have trouble getting her back in? Thanks.
"Hawaii Resident Pets: Owners wishing to leave Hawaii with their pets and return without extended quarantine must meet all requirements listed on the “Checklist Only For Resident Dogs And Cats Originating From Hawaii And Returning For The 5-Day-Or-Less Program.” The length of the waiting period after a successful rabies blood test is modified and must be completed before leaving Hawaii."

http://hdoa.hawaii.gov/ai/aqs/animal-qua...tion-page/
Ok, so this is the same for if you move here with a dog. Thanks for the info. What a PIA.
The difference is that the import permit is cheaper if you are a Hawaiian resident and the dog goes from the islands to the mainland and back again.
Other than that, same shots, same blood titer testing.
I always find it funny to ask how many blood tests came back positive? How many dogs have been quarantined and avoided the rabies virus?

Answer... ZERO. Tho, a lot of money has been made.

I brought over two dogs, I would imagine that more people would bring their dogs and cats if the were no fee's or hoops to jump through.