Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German Cockroaches Ugh!
Been Battling these little tenacious pests for a while.
I've just emptied out the kitchen and put down borax powder last night.
I've rooted out a few nests. pulled out appliances. Caulked every crack.
They're diminished but still here.
I think I'm going to spray with bifen next.
Anyone have any tips or know of a bait or pesticide that works best?
Thanks.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
I'm a fan of the combat baited traps. Have them in the under-counter cabinets and under the sink and it keeps the numbers down...
Glue traps & diatomaceous earth work for me.
Hoy Hoy!
Hoy Hoy traps work indeed.

Best to be set up by somebody who is competent in making origami.
Hoi Hoi traps inside, spray the outside parameter of the house with Home Defense
My experience is there will always be some strays.... instead of chasing them around bashing at them with brooms
or other weapons I use a spray bottle of a caustic cleaner and hit them with that once between the eyes. You'll find
them feet in the air in a little while and its not noisy or messy, just effective.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
They can nest in the smallest of cracks, like the little holes in the cabinets that the shelf holders go into. I like poison. I would clean up their pheromone tracks as best as you can, and spray poison around the outside of the house, then in all the tiniest of cracks in the rooms you are finding them in. Put out Hoy Hoy traps to catch any stray adults. They can come in through the electric outlets... so really you can't seal the house from them, only put up a barrier treatment. Once you see them all gone, re clean where they were to hopefully cut back on the pheromone trails. We had not seen roaches in well over a year and I got lax in my outside treatments, we just had a few inside the house so I will go back to doing what works. DE, borax, etc none of that worked for us.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
It is kind of a multi method kind of control .. I use most all of the above.. at least I have the illusion of control, and don't see them very often.
Hoy Hoy
Blue Dawn dish soap .
Last resort tent the house for termites- lizards - peeds roaches and pesky fire ants .
Mrs.Mimosa