Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pahoa Park closing for renovation until 2020
Our new $24 million Pahoa Park will be closed until 2020 while they do $1.35 million in renovation.

“Metal tent pegs littered two athletic fields, while tent poles and animals took their toll on the gym floor, all of which will be torn up and replaced.

Inspection revealed mold that couldn’t be completely removed despite use of a specialized bacterial disinfectant and a scrubbing machine.

“A lot of urination went on,” Kokubun added of “pet-friendly” conditions that resulted in housing numerous dogs and other animals during heavy rains that battered Pahoa for weeks.

All the dirt on the two largest fields, the ones used as campgrounds, will be replaced “because we don’t know if something is deep in there,” he said.”

https://www.civilbeat.org/2018/12/big-is...eruptions/

https://www.routefifty.com/public-safety...er/153346/
If they say it will be two years and $1.35 million, expect five years and $3.5 million . . . unless Harry Kim can get more outside money, in which case it will be even more.
Every square inch of Pahoa has been flooded with urine for quite some time.
Are they going to tear down all of Pahoa and rebuild it ?
That’s because Luquin’s doesn’t have a urinal. [Big Grin]
“because we don’t know if something is deep in there,” he said.”

What a coincidence. I say the same thing about the thought processes which take place inside the minds of some county officials, on occasion. This might be one.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
We should tear down the county offices, because the excrement is obviously building up to toxic levels.

If they ran the county from under a tarp they might be more productive.
Sorry dan_d, doesn’t look like the pool will be opening anytime soon. I’d be surprised if it opens before 2020 also. [Sad]
They are out for bidding again,and supposedly the bids been honored?
Sbh u ment black rock tavern i think? Great place to go outside and pick up cig buts to make insecticides with lol?

HPP

HPP
LIERS ! LOWEST of the LOW ! Let's all vote them in for extended terms...thats what we have done for 48+ years
quote:
Originally posted by dan d
Sbh u ment black rock tavern i think?

I was joking about how the County dragged it’s feet all year on a permit for a urinal for the new Luquin’s.