Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for sugar cane
Does anybody know anyone who grows (and would sell) sugar cane?
Don't personally know who sells it but there is plenty growing wild all over the place. Driven up to Akaka falls lately? Takes a really sharp machete or better yet bolt cutters to cut the stuff and a little goes a long way. Just don't forget about it and leave it on the lanai in the summertime unless you have a strong affinity for ants.

Stef, I don’t know where you are located, but there is wild cane along Highway 11 just before Kurtistown heading west. As a matter of fact, there is a lot of the stuff growing wild on our property. Some have grown over 10 feet tall! The stuff is a pain in the butt if you ask me – more like a weed. The leaves are like fine saw blades and can give nice fine cuts.

David D

am I allowed to cut the wild stuff of the highway?

That might work for now. but I have big plans and would eventually need to buy mass quantities (should all go right).

I don't think anyone would object to you cutting wild cane, especially in the highway right-of-way. If you have enough land, you can grow it easily yourself, just poke the cut canes in the ground. It does take 2 years to ripen.