Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AUTO MECHANIC PROBLEMS (AGAIN)
Thanks for all the ideas. I'm letting them marinate as I'm working on our other Impala today. (sigh).

If it helps get the diagnostic juices flowing, the misfire appears to manifest after the engine has hit operating temperature for a good 10 minutes or so.

There are codes specifically for the O2 sensors. But I'm not wise enough to know if they get triggered during a malfunction or only if there is a total failure.
It looks like either an ignition problem with number 1 cylinder or a leaking fuel injector in the same cylinder.

The air filter was the 1st step and that didn't fix it. Next you should replace that spark plug.
Next step would be to swap the coil with the one on the number 2 cylinder and see if the fault changes to cylinder 2 misfire followed by swapping the fuel injector the same way.

Last guess would be mechanical problems with that cylinder. Do a compression test to check that.
Any progress on either of these vehicles?
Ok don't be mad Mr. TC . I love and see/agree u as we same same mindset ++. sooo many topics.
.That said ... why da 'el you going that car ??
(05-03-2024, 11:12 AM)My 2 cents Wrote: Any progress on either of these vehicles?

Yes, one is repaired and running fine (for now) and I've ordered and received parts for the one with the misfire.  Hopefully someday soon I'll have time to work on it.  Despite my best efforts I seem to be getting further behind on all the various projects rather than getting caught up on anything.