Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Termite fumigation
Does anyone have knowledge of which company does the best job?
Thank you...
Word on the street is that you use whoever you can get. They are booked out several months.
We have used Bowman, and had a good experience. They were not the least (or most) expensive, and we had to wait over two months. Having said that, they showed up on the date and time promised, were very professional, and gave a two year warranty. Termites gone. Several of our neighbors report similar results from Bowman.

I would add a note of caution if you are considering one of the "organic" treatments such as orange oil. We know several families who have all had poor results with that and ended up unhappy.
I'm one of those unhappy orange oil customers. We paid less than tenting for the initial treatment, it's non-toxic, you don't have to move out, and it comes with a year's worth of follow up visits. Nice people, very competent, but it just doesn't work. At no time during the six months following our treatment have we not had termites. They just seem to move from place to place. I'd agree with Chunkster. Go for the tent.
Certainty will be the death of us.
I've been dealing with this with customers and all the companies are booked out 4-8 months. So my suggestion is to go with who you can get an appointment with. Call and stay on top of them for cancellations.
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Short of a tenting, is their anything a homeowner can apply? I see them on my rafters a couple times a year and hit them with Raid or ant and termite spray, which seems to make them disappear. Not really sure if they are hiding in there or not.
On the subject of termites: beware used furniture!
I bought two end tables and one was termite infested. They got into one of my walls. Fortunately, I live in a single-wall construction shack and could pinpoint where they were. Unfortunately, Amazon will not ship effective termiticide to Hawaii. Fortunately I know someone on the mainland who forwarded the package.
The 'termite treatment' you buy at home depot here is next to useless. The stuff that works is illegal. Good luck with that.
Anyway, be careful with used furniture.
I am also in the 'Orange Treatment Sucks' camp. If anything it seemed to encourage the little buggahs.

Seems like a good time to start a termite/pest control biz
(09-30-2022, 05:36 AM)Obie Wrote: I had a house that was built in the 1970's and it needed treatment about every 7 years.

Here is a picture of the last time it was treated. 

A month later it was covered with 85 feet of lava .
I am so sorry.
The Fissure-8 flow was headed straight for where I live.
I had an old Pele tourist trinket made of Kilauea lava by a 'Kapoho Joe'.
I did bad JuJu. Seriously. I did.
I asked Pele to please not take my shack.
Instead she just made a 90 degree turn, went down the hill and destroyed Kapoho.
I just wanted her to stop.
When petitioning deities, it is very important to express your wishes clearly and completely.
And to think things through.
I'm glad to get this off my chest.
I did a bad thing and I am so sorry.
I hope all this stuff is just superstition. You have no idea how much I hope that.
Iquetzal, what's the stuff that works? Thanks